I am a young teen considering suicide

here is some advice. dont do it. talk to some one cos ive tried it and let me tell u love that it wont solve anything. it is just a permanent solution for a temporary subject and if anyone was to tell u how to do it then shame on them cos you are young and do have a life ahead of you. it may not feel it but you do.

just me doin my thing

Catie xxx

I know it's hard to believe, but if you've actually hit rock bottom, things can only get better. My bf was slowly leaning toward suicide, and he decided to wait a while, and things have gotten tons better. We started going out, he solved a huge problem he had, and he realized that even if he doesn't think so, there are people that love him and would miss him. Think about it... if u killed urself, things can't get better in your life, cause u won't have a life. i don't know if u have a religeon or not, but believing in somthing can totally turn u around. it's happened to my friends before. DON"T GIVE UP!!! it'll all work out. As for cutting, once u start you won't be able to stop. It's a physical addiction, and addiction to endorphins. And believe it or not, eventually you will want to stop, so don't start in the first place. feel free to pm me, or talk to me on msn. email removed is my addy.

Love from,

Chelseybug

Hello i_hate_the_world47,

I understand that you are feeling very down and that you cut yourself. Cutting is only a temporary fix for your problems and it leaves permenant scars, it may help to ease the stress but it cannot make it go away. Please stop this before you hurt yourself badly.

If you were to take your own life you would simply be ruining the chance of a great future. Would you rather be seen as the person who "gave in to the suffering" or as the person who "stuck it out even though it was tough"? When you come out of this phase you will understand what i mean, you will also be a much stronger person for coming through it.

i know i hae alot ahead of me but i dont care if i don live 2 see it

The quote above tells me that you know inside yourself that you do have a future, i dont know what you think it is going to be like but i can tell you one thing:

The choices that you make now shape your future and make you into the person you want to be. You can pick your own life and live it in the way that you choose.

If you choose suicide you would be giving up that future and hurting so many of those around you who love you. Talk to them, maybe the love and care that they can give will help to give you something worth living for.

Please dont consider suicide and please try to stop cutting.

abcd1234

First thing, you are 14, life barely has opened. I understand most people who really want to kill themselves do go through a lot at home, or have has some horrid occurrence. You cant dwell on those thoughts, or feelings. If something is wrong at home then there are many things you can do to report, or try to change it.

I knew a girl who commited sucide a few months ago. She would have been damned surprised at the amount and who showed up to pay respect at her funeral. Sadly enough she had a little sister who is lucky she didn't walked in on her choice of hanging. Someone in her family had to walk in on that. Do you want someone walking in and finding you in some horrid way? Its cruel.

I just feel as if people who want to hurt themselves spend no time trying to improve themeselves. Ive been severely depressed and gotten out of it myself, after stupidly refusing to get help. You learn a lot when you overcome things like that. You can be happy by yourself, its the first place to start.

Think a little more. . .I doubt someone will give you advice to cut here, people are just a lot more focused on helping you from that action and theres a good reason why.

Hope things turn for the best

Hi I_hate_the_world47!

I'm sorry to hear that you want to end your life at this moment. You are 14, you are in the best period of your life, I mean, the parties, the friends, the hang outs. You are growing, you are getting to know the world... It's like when the flowers are beginning to open and show their most beautiful looks. It should be a great moment: the first crush (although it must not neccesarily work), the driving licence in a few years... it is like everything happens now.

I know it because, as you see, I'm also 14, and I know that there are a lot of great things I would miss If I decided to leave the world now.

However, sometimes I have also felt so down that I would like to go for the endless sleep and leave this place forever. Sometimes, it seems the whole world colapses and everyone is against me and nobody will understand me; even my best friends seem to have made a plot against me. But then I realize that I still have lots to live, lots to learn, lots to enjoy, and I see, that death is not my solution to problems.

Dieing wont solve any problems; you will only worsen them and give them to someone else, who might not be able to cope with them and will end killing himself too. It's like a chain reaction. Imagine how your parents, your friends or anyone will react to that: they will feel guilty for what has happened, they will be depressed, they will have lost someone very important.

I know that there are people out there who love you. If it's that bad, please tell us what your situation is. I'm sure everyone will try to help you, but please, DO NOT kill yourself.

I hope this helps,

D1whoutf

PS: have a look at this poem, it's great link removed

Srry i havent written on this subject in awhile guys.My situation at home umm. ok here it is.

My step father left me and my mom a year ago.But i am glad he left b/c he knocked me around all the time.ne way my mom has been working non stop just to make ends meet and i havent seen her much lately.I have lost 2 of my closest relatives in the past 2 months and i just cant go on ne more.

Meagan

• 1 year later...

Whatever it takes....i know i can make it through- that is a very true quote. why are you suicidal. i won't judge, i am 17 and too often i am suicidal. write a list of the things you like about life and what you hate about it. on my list the cons out way the pros but if there is one person or one animal you are willing to die for them live for them. i basically live for my dog he never judgers and loves me unconditionally. please don't end things like this hold on as long as you can, and then went you can't hang on any longer give it one more day, then another and so on.

It's rather interesting. I used to have those thoughts all the time, until someone I knew actually went through with it. How can I say it? Suicide is a rather selfish thing to do. You're here for a reason. I'm not being all religious, cause I'm not, but think about it. If you weren't meant to be here, why are you here? For some reason, obviously. It's not worth it. Please don't do anything rash. That'd be another person who hurt all the people who cared.

Everyone goes through crappy times. I know. Some people have it worse than others. But suicide's only the easy way out, really. If you turn out to be successful later on, you'll look back and will be able to say, "I made it through all of that, and I'm still here, successful and doing well." When you pull through, you'll be able to say that you survived without taking the easy way out. Life sucks sometimes, but we can't change that until we let it. Did that make sense? Good luck! Don't do anything rash.

You need to get professional help.

It sounds like your main problem is suffering with the grief. Is there an organisation like 'childline' in your country? A telephone number you can contact and it's free.

You are bottling your feelings up which is a bad thing. I know this because i've been doing it all my life (I'm 42) and I'm having to deal with the aftermath now!

I know what it's like to lose two people you are very close to. I was 25 when my grandparents died two weeks apart. I'm not close to my parents! They were my life! I would have traded places with them! My father had suffered with strokes for years and wasn't well. He is an only child. I had to arrange the funerals! The first one I did to help my grandmother. My grandfather's death was expected. My grandmother's death was a heart attack and I found her! I wanted to run away and keep running and never come back. My mother made me do the funeral. I had no choice!

I had a lot to deal with. I blamed my mother for forcing me to do the funeral. I blamed my father for passing this burden to me. I blamed myself for not getting to my grandmother's house sooner. I blamed myself for not knowing how to do CPR properly (she was still warm when I got there)she might've been still alive if I'd known what to do.

It took 7 years before I could force myself to go to the grave site! It is now 17 years since they died. It does get easier over time, but going back like I am right now has reduced me to tears!

Get help now. It gets harder as the years go by!