Tips on meeting people?

Hi, I need some good tips on meeting people.. cos I'm pretty much a newbie in the reallife social scene.. which is kinda awkward for me, since I'm 23.. and that really is the first step to take towards dating, eh?

To make things a bit harder for you, I don't know many people in reallife for the purpose of going out.. (really, I can count 'em on one hand).. and I don't really like bars and clubs..

I will be checking out a judoclass next week, and I'll probably join.. a good start to get some exercise and meet new people.. and I wanna switch jobs this year too, if possible.. Any other suggestions?

I really have a problem with 'just' going places.. and I don't feel like going on my own..

Any help is appreciated! =)

Health clubs is a good way to meet people, but it isn't the only way!

do you attend church. I am sure if you keep your eyes peeled you will see some lonely guys!

What ever you are doing now, do the opposte! If you normally go home after work, go out with someone from work! I am sure you are not the only one in the company who is lonely or can use another friend!

Keep on looking for opportunities! You will find someone eventually or you'll get used to being alone. It seems that more and more people are remaining single and not having children right away!

I came accross a good book on this topic called, What 's holding you back? By Sam Horn. I hope that helps

Judo is an amazing sport. Trust me, it has changed my life for the better, in a major way. Since i started doing judo, i have become alot more stronger, and have a nicer body etc, and its boosted my confidence etc alot. Seriously, you should go to that Judo class.

I guess, if you fancy someone at the judo class, Judo is a brilliant way to get to know them, especialy with all that lying ontop of each other and stuff. Good luck mate

sisterlynch:

No, I'm not religious, so I don't attend church.. And why keep my eyes peeled for lonely guys?? O_o I'm a guy myself.. or do you mean to go hang out with and stuff?

Well, I work at a small company.. about 12 people.. and trust me, there's noone there I could, or would go out and have a drink with..

I keep looking for opportunities.. too hard, imo. and i've had my share of being alone for far too long. And I do want children someday.. when I'm nearing 30 or something..

santa :

At what age did you start with Judo? I'm a bit worried about starting that class.. but as a dear friend told me : 'Being scared of starting something isn't as bad as never starting at all.'

And although it's not a big class, people know people.. and if there's just one person there I can 'connect' with, that might just be enough.. and yeah, IF there -is- a cute girl in that class, I'll be more than happy to lay on top of her, or vice versa I just hope my happiness doesn't become too 'obvious'

But mainly I do it because I think I need the exercise, and I wanna learn something new..

• 4 weeks later...

My story is a bit similar to lonelydood's.

I am 19, at university.But, I have never dated anyone, etc, but I feel like I ned to, I want to.

But, I am not someone, who after first glance, or even after knowing me for a while, you would say he has never gone out, is not cuurrently going out, etc. I think this adds to my problem.

I normally know who I like, but I am too shy to ever ask them out or even to talk to them (after they know my feeling). What should I do?

The best way i've found for meeting new girls is to stop looking... the more i look the less i find... when i'm content with how i'm feeling and happy with being alone girls pop into my life... stop looking... you really should chill with people at work, or people in your judo class (you really should join, i take Jiu-Jitsu and it's FANTASTIC, i can kick the absolute crap out of a guy 2 times the size of me without breaking a sweat.) Going out with guys will help you meet girls as well... travel in a pack... girls travel in packs too.. hopefully they come up to you guys, if not bring your group to them... worst they can say is no, there's are tons of girls out tehre, just go for it.