What would you do? Advice needed soon.

Last night my Ex texted me a few times saying how she misses me and that she wants me to call her that night if I wanted to. However, I didn't feel like talking to her because I was busy. Now the thing is I want her back but I don't know how to go about doing so...(Not just yet anyhow.)

What should I do to increase my chances of getting back together?

John why don't you just call her up and chat a bit. It's a good thing she contacted you, good sign.

Try talking to her a few times on the phone first before asking her out again. You sound like you are doing good too, since you didn't call her back right away

Good Luck

My ex-gf called me last night too saying that her daughter wanted to talk to me. Since I've done absolute NC for over 2 months, this threw her for a loop apparently as she was calling the whole world to see where I was and I just took my time to contact her. I believe that her no longer being a priority in my life may have shocked her (if she was thinking that) and thus the need to call me and e-mail me.

The conversation as a whole was good, as it usually is, but I didn't have any ideas of scheming or plan of attack to see how she could remain interested. Bottom line is that my life is different and fine without her. I don't hate her, but I'm fairly certain that me having my life again and doing very well without her is a shock to her.

I also find it interesting that even though the call was prompted by her daughter "missing" me (supposedly), the majority of the conversation was between us.

Now the big question, is this a sign that we are to get back together or do I strategize now? For me, it's a simple no. Don't get me wrong, I would think it would be great, but I just take things one day at a time. I'm not doing cartwheels or whatever. It was a nice conversation and if it happens again great. If it's to be something more and a rekindling of feelings and the relationship, then I'm going to have to see that her flaws and self corrected as well.

Just take it slow - a day at a time and don't scheme, manipulate or obsess over it. Remember, in time, you will see the relationship and your ex in a different light. After all, don't we want our improvements and better self complimented.

Good luck.