If you're unhappy at your current job, would you quit?

Right now i'm working at a job which offers ok pay, however I don't enjoy the work. it makes me very tired and exhausted, plus it's very labour intensive. On top of that there are work politics to deal with in the department which is restricting me from transferring departments or being able to crosstrain, which is really annoying.

should I continue or not? if i do, i will be stuck for another six months, possibly a year before I can do anything, and it's not really something i'm looking forward to..

With the job market being the way it is, I would put up with it and stick with the job. I would also begin looking elsewhere for a new job (if you can). It's hard to find a job if you leave. Also future employers tend to look more positively on you if you are employed when you apply for new jobs.

Also, if you leave your job, you will NOT be able to get unemployment.

As much as I would like to quit my job, I won't. You can't guarantee you will get another job right away and if you have bills to pay you will get so far behind on them. As others have said you should wait until you actually get hired at another job before quitting your current one. These days getting a job isn't always easy.

Right now i'm working at a job which offers ok pay, however I don't enjoy the work. it makes me very tired and exhausted, plus it's very labour intensive. On top of that there are work politics to deal with in the department which is restricting me from transferring departments or being able to crosstrain, which is really annoying.

should I continue or not? if i do, i will be stuck for another six months, possibly a year before I can do anything, and it's not really something i'm looking forward to..

Don't quit until you have something else lined up. This is not a good time to be looking for work.

It really depends. My job consists of driving+washing cars all day, meeting angry customers, juggling multiple contracts and being paid a pathetic wage to boot. I've had too many close calls on the road and have just decided that I will give my two-weeks notice. It was not the job that was promised to me during the interview, and it's not a job I plan on keeping for the sake of my health.

Archived