Last week I sent an email to a man who uses the same online dating website as me. As soon as he told me his first name, I thought hmmm that's a familiar name and then noticed his photo looked a bit familiar too. After more emails and a phone conversation, it turns out that I know him already, sort of. He used to live on the street where I grew up and went to the same elementary and secondary schools as I did. I used to walk by his house every day on my way to school. He and I never talked back then but I knew of him through a friend. Ok, so we met up today for drinks on the patio. Lovely day. Good laughs! He seems like a great guy, so much so that I want to see him again. But not sure if we're on the same page. Would like some advice. He called me about meeting today and so we did. As soon as he showed up at the restaurant and saw me, he gave me a big hug and a kiss on the cheek (so sweet). We had a great time. At one point in the conversation when he was talking about his ATV, I asked if I could be a passenger some time and he agreed. I only made this request because he peaked my interest during our first phone call when he asked me if I've ever been on an ATV (I haven't). Ok, so at the end of our "first meet" today, he said we'd go on his ATV when the mosquitos are gone (as I have an allergy) but he didn't say when exactly I'd see him again. He gave me a big hug and a kiss on the cheek before we said goodbye. I have a gut feeling that he likes me and is interested in me, but I'm not 100% sure. I want to know if we're on the same page. Would it be ok if I contact him say in a day or so either by email or phone call to reiterate my interest or should I just leave it alone and let him make the next move? He seems like a good catch and I don't want to let him get away.

Believe me, if he wants another date then he will be sure to let you know. Otherwise (to borrow an expression) he's probably just not that into you. Try giving it some time. If your curiosity is killing you then you could send a text or an email to tell him you had fun. However I personally wouldn't try to initiate another date--especially not an ATV date, which is a bit more intimate than a regular date. Just my two cents! I'm not a traditional girl, just someone who's learned through experience that the guy will make the next move if he wants to.

Archived