If you truly loved the person...

This is great..! This is the only way forward...The Universe needs us to be content and open to new love for it to manifest....

Exactly. The more you open your heart the more happiness you will receive. You just have to put down your defenses/fears/worries.

But hate only leads to the dark side and stops us really moving forward to more peaceful, relaxed and happy lives....

I agree with this. Hatred is really a waste of time and we must not focus on the things we hate rather on the things that make us content and peaceful with ourselves.

I can look back on other ex's and not feel much at all, so I am sure that in time I can do the same with this one...*

It's funny coz I really have started to feel at peace these days, and a gorgeous girl may have now come into my life....See how we go

Yep, once you start accepting the fact that you want to pursue other women, the image of your ex will start fading away.

I know with me currently interested in 3 women at the moment, I'm already losing what my ex even meant to be.

Good to meet you Kal btw.

I agree. But then again, I disagree. I think you can love someone and want them to find happiness, want the best for them, and so on. But on the same hand, UNLESS the relationship ended because you and that person were incompatible or just couldn't make it work, then I suspect that because you STILL love that person you want to be with them so much so that you may not be ready to let them go. In some cases yes you not letting them go is preventing their happiness. But if the relationship genuinely was a good loving relationship but due to personal problems, GIGs, and/or distance, I suppose that it's perfectly natural to want to preserve the relationship with the one you love.

I understand what you are saying about the last bit, if our relationship was a good one but ended because of the reasons you listed. However wouldn't you lose respect for that S.O.? I guess that's more of your opinion on it, and I can understand someone forgiving their S.O. if they left for a GIGS sort of deal. However with me, if you think I'm that easily replaceable, I'd rather be with someone who doesn't. Or rather be someone who wouldn't take what we had together for granted like that. If we deserve the best, we might as well hold our expectations up that high. Maybe not too high for where it is unreachable...

I'm on a break with my guy, and I love him. I love him so much so that if during this break he met someone else that made him happier than me and complemented him more that I would be happy for him. On the other hand because I love him so much, and because I do believe we can make it work, once we resolve our own issues, I still want to be with him. He feels the same.

That's a good attitude to have, so I hope in the meantime on this break you will continue to place yourself as #1.

Archived