just got home from 1st date! opinions?

Jessie00

i just got home from a really fun first date with a guy i like. he drove me home and when we got to my house i didn't want to just hop out of his car, so i suggested we hug goodbye. i felt sort of weird initiating a hug, but he paid for dinner and i know we had a good night, and he did say he was sort of shy..

do you think he didn't initiate the hug because he was shy?? is it a bad sign if he didn't initiate the hug? our hug was unfortunately an awkward car hug, but better than me just jumping out and saying bye! ....right?!

I think you played it well. As long as the rest of the night went fine then you shouldn't have anything to worry about. He probably didn't initiate anything because he was nervous and didn't know how you perceived the date. If you had a bad time, he would have felt embarrassed if he initiated a hug or something else. Did he say anything like "we'll have to do this again"?

wellllllll it's sorta a friend's mutual bday tomorrow so we were talking about maybe seeing each other then... but that's it. BUT we were laughing a lot during the night and both were having a good time. i know for sure it went well!!

Glad you had a great first date. It can be kind of awkward in the early stages, so some stuff you got to let slide a little bit. He's timid, so you may have to be the aggressor here, at least until he gets more comfortable around you. Stop worrying so much, also! You guys hugged, had a great dinner so it's a good date.

wellllllll it's sorta a friend's mutual bday tomorrow so we were talking about maybe seeing each other then... but that's it. BUT we were laughing a lot during the night and both were having a good time. i know for sure it went well!!

I wouldn't worry about the hug thing - no big deal. But what do mean "maybe seeing each other then" (the party)?

Unless he asks to see you again, you can't really draw any conclusions.

Sounds fine (another alternative would have been making eye contact and saying a sincere "thanks again for a lovely evening") - I would assume that there is no second date until he asks you out on a second date and assume that you had a lovely evening with someone you were attracted to - that in and of itself is a good thing and a positive sign that you can meet people who you connect with enough to want another date!

Have fun at the party!

Archived