no more relationships!

orillia

Don't worry - I have sworn off men dozens of times in my life - it just meant that I needed to heal. Once I healed, I was ready to explore a new relationship. So yeah, swear off relationships until you're healed! It's healthy! Hang in there -healing is around the corner. Keep posting every day here until you start to feel that lightness in your heart.

My ex is such a disgusting liar....see my post "why you should not talk to your ex." I don't see how I can trust anyone ever again...

Don't worry - I have sworn off men dozens of times in my life - it just meant that I needed to heal. Once I healed, I was ready to explore a new relationship. So yeah, swear off relationships until you're healed! It's healthy! Hang in there -healing is around the corner. Keep posting every day here until you start to feel that lightness in your heart.

I hear you orillia. I am feeling the same way right now. I am tired of feeling this way. Sometimes being single is better, but at least for me, I am always longing for that feeling of love and security you get in a relationship. It's a vicious circle and we all go through it. I'm going through it now. I guess all we can do is hope that the one person we've been searching for is out there, and we will find them someday. Until that day comes we need to move on with life and focus on ourselves.

You need to realize that there are good guys out there that will feel lucky to be with you and will treat you the way you deserve to be treated. I'm trying to realize that myself, well with girls not guys, and you just need to really believe it and it will happen for you.

I'm hearing ya.been on five dates all of them duds and they seem to be after just one thing.

Its bizarre.I didn't want to be out dating like this at my age but i am but the more i see whats going on out there the less interested I am.i just hate it.

for me I gave my all in my 3 yr 10 mth relationship.and he threw it away.so Its hard to trust anybody at all.I just am looking in the wrong places for these guys.And maybe I should just stop dating right now as I'm not getting anywhere and its just wasting my time.

This sounds like it could've been written by me.

Here's a chronicle of my dates, during the 3 month period I've been broken up.

1) online date: good 1st date at a comedy show. Made plans for a 2nd. He stood me up. I sent him nasty text msg. He ends up writing a blog about me which is full of lies. I write a blog to counter his blog, using screenshots to prove he lied.

2) online date: had a lunch date. He goes into detail about his last rel'ship. Exgf was bi. They used to pick up women together. Him and her are still friends. Later that night, he texts me to find out if I have a hot tub. I say yes, why.

He says "I was thinking of bringing a beautiful girl over, hoping the 3 of us could indulge in a jacuzzi."

I wrote back " IS THIS A JOKE?"

3) met this guy who's the lead singer in a cover band. Exchanged numbers. 1st date, lunch yesterday. It was nice-went well EXCEPT...turns out he is dating a 26 yr old, but it's "nothing serious" - they are "both also dating other people"...hmm, ok well if it's nothing serious, why single her out?

I'm ready to give up.

I'm hearing ya.been on five dates all of them duds and they seem to be after just one thing.

Its bizarre.I didn't want to be out dating like this at my age but i am but the more i see whats going on out there the less interested I am.i just hate it.

for me I gave my all in my 3 yr 10 mth relationship.and he threw it away.so Its hard to trust anybody at all.I just am looking in the wrong places for these guys.And maybe I should just stop dating right now as I'm not getting anywhere and its just wasting my time.

Oh goodness - that is awful. Dating is hard. But BRAVO for going out and making an effort. It is really easy for me to just want to lie in bed and cry into my pillow thinking of HIM.

Last night I agreed to a blind date set up by a friend who thought this guy would be perfect for me.

I can only say I was horrified that she thought HE would be perfect for me. Worst blind date ever. And the sad part is, he was really attracted to me, and I had absolutely no interest in him.

Sigh. We just keep on keeping on..... and try to laugh at it, yes?

Ugh! That's the worst, when the guy is attracted to you, and you wouldn't touch him w/ a 10 foot pole, but you feel obligated to stay through the whole date.

I tend to be a relationship person-I really want a relationship, but I'm not going to settle. AND I'm 43 yrs old, so it's not like I have a lot of time to find someone. I guess it'll just happen organically. I kind of feel like online dating is forcing things, and it's never really worked for me in the past.

The last relationship I had with someone I met through an online dating site, the guy turned out to be a verbally abusive narcissist!

Fri night I just went out with some friends and ended up having a better time with them than I have on ANY of the dates I've been on in the last 3 months!

Oh goodness - that is awful. Dating is hard. But BRAVO for going out and making an effort. It is really easy for me to just want to lie in bed and cry into my pillow thinking of HIM.

Last night I agreed to a blind date set up by a friend who thought this guy would be perfect for me.

I can only say I was horrified that she thought HE would be perfect for me. Worst blind date ever. And the sad part is, he was really attracted to me, and I had absolutely no interest in him.

Sigh. We just keep on keeping on..... and try to laugh at it, yes?

Archived