Ex Wife STD?!

Skeptic76

Two weeks ago I used the scented lotion in a hotel I was in to masturbate. During that business trip I noticed some red bumps on my penis and chalk it up to a reaction to the lotion....

They are still there, and tonight I come accross a thread in "Sex and Romance" that references red bumps, one of the posters shares his experience with HPV (genital warts) and now I'm convinced after surfing the net that my ex has given me an STD.

I have to go to a doctor to get checked before I make any assumptions I guess....but I'm just about ready to call her and fly off the handle right now. It isn't enough that you ruined our marriage; you gave me GENITAL WARTS?!

I don't know that I need advice...but I need to vent instead of go ballistic in the middle of the night.....GRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!

My god, don't call her. Your first assumption was that you had a reaction - that may still be completely true, it seems a big coincidence that you use an unfamiliar product on your penis and suddenly there are red bumps on it.

Yes, they might also be a symptom of an STD but bear in mind, symptoms for one thing can look very much like symptoms for something else completely harmless. How many people sit online and diagnose themselves with brain cancer when actually, they need new glasses? It is too easy to take something you've read here, presumably without even pictures to compare your 'red bumps' and suddenly draw the conclusion that your ex wife gave you herpes or warts or what have you.

Take some deep breaths, relax go and see a doctor before you do anything else about this. The chances are, it'll be something completely harmless. If it isn't, cross that bridge when you come to it. I'm assuming you haven't slept with anyone since your ex wife, right?

You are right, kitten; I haven't been with anyone else yet. Although that was supposed to happen tomorrow afternoon and that's another reason why I'm all bent right now.

And of course you're right - I need to get it checked out before anything......

God I'm a sick man right now....reading back over this I realized that in a way, I was looking forward to telling her I had some STD because that would have settled the storm in my psyche about her denying the cheating. It would be proof positive.

Sometimes I make myself want to throw up.

Haha - sorry, that is laughing in a GOOD way. I love it when people get these flashes of insight. This is going to be useful to you... My money is on an allergy (because of the timing) but whatever, it's good that you are seeing a doctor.

Don't bury feelings. Talk to a cushion or something, pretend it's her and pretend you DO have something wrong, call the cushion out on it.

FWIW if you are still this angry, it's going to affect future dating so make sure you take care of yourself emotionally (and whoever you date).

Haha - sorry, that is laughing in a GOOD way. I love it when people get these flashes of insight. This is going to be useful to you... My money is on an allergy (because of the timing) but whatever, it's good that you are seeing a doctor.

Don't bury feelings. Talk to a cushion or something, pretend it's her and pretend you DO have something wrong, call the cushion out on it.

FWIW if you are still this angry, it's going to affect future dating so make sure you take care of yourself emotionally (and whoever you date).

I don't wanna say that this cannot be an allergy or something, but there is nothing extraordinary with timing. A girl that I know got it 8 months after sleeping with a guy, she slept with her boyfriend and he got it exactly 8 months after they slept together (they were long distance). You can show the symptoms of hpv in up to two years, but it's usually faster with herpes.

I agree with HouseKitten, and I'm sure your research was valid but I swear I'd always heard than genital warts were flesh colored? Whenever the words "red" and "bumps" are used together, the mind screams "herpes".

Don't wish an STD on yourself to show her what for, chances are, she won't give a crap. But you know that. Keep healing for yourself emotionally, not to make her pay for what she did. If she pays, it will be on her own.

Best of luck getting it checked out.

Herpes you would probably know you have. As I gather an initial outbreak is usually something very hard to ignore.

HPV (Genital Warts) does not always show up as warts. It can show up as warts on both guys and girls. But, it can also show up as a few little red bumps on the tip of a guys penis. Or just not show up at all.

That said... Little red dots could also be caused by a yeast infection, or herpes BUT.. As I said, I think you would know if it was herpes because there was several other symptoms and signs that go above and beyond just marks. As-well as.. Your first outbreak is normally 2 weeks(ish) after you get infected. Where-as HPV seems to enjoy hiding a bit before showing its face.

Best solution is to get checked, pop an anti-viral, and ask her to get checked as-well. fyi HPV is considered the MOST common STD in north america. I wouldnt freak over it. Most people beat the virus out of their system in a couple years.

Saw dermatologist. Definitely not Herpes. Probably not HPV, but he couldn't rule out viral infection of one sort or another without biopsy. Because he was confident (not positive) it was not STD, he gave me a steroid cream to apply for two weeks, then come back. If it's not cleared up THEN he will take a biopsy.

He also said that these things can lay dormant for years upon years and thereby took away my self-righteous anger aspect against my wife, lol. *IF* it is HPV or some other sexually transmitted thing, there is no way of knowing whether I have had it for a long time and just been asymptomatic or she gave it to me....

Thanks all for giving me a space to blow up safely, rather than "bring the drama."

Archived