I'm sad and confused.

I just got a call from my boyfriend's mother. He texted me yesterday at 5am a message that read: "I need you so bad". Then this morning on Facebook he said that he needed me to call him and that he was "at his limit". I suppose this means we're breaking up. Part of me thinks that is the best for both of us since we've always had problems giving each other emotional support at the right time and in the right way.

I can't help to feel like crying. I've * * * * ed up many times and I know I wasn't ready to be in a relationship. Why is it so hard for me to care for the people I love? He was happy on his own and now he's sick and going back to Chicago. His mother called me to give me the news then she gave him the phone and he said he had good news and bad news. The good news is that our trip to Colombia helped him feel better. Then his mother told him he should not tell me the bad news because it's not a good time (since he's sick). I told him he should tell me anyways and he said: "I've made many efforts and if stuff isn't working it's not because I'm at fault" or something along this lines. He said he'd call me tomorrow when he goes to Chicago.

I feel lonely and I feel like a bad person. The fact that his mother came all the way from Chicago to take her of him and help him break up with me shows how deep our problems run. He wouldn't let me know his heart deeply, that's what his friends were for. I don't really know why he was with me and many times I felt I was unimportant to him; only there to give him support, sex and warmth when he needed. I'm so confused. I do love him a lot but I think I lack the optimism to keep going. Any words of support would help so much. I feel very depressed.

You don't seem to be very into the relationship or the idea of continuing it. While it may hurt now, I'm sure both of you will be back on your feet and feeling better within a few weeks. Take care of yourself (eat well, go for walks, get your rest, etc.).

Breakups suck even when they're for the best.

I love him but our personalities are very different and I suppose there are many things I could've done differently to make things better. I feel defeated and guilty. But I'm also kind of pissed because sometimes I need his support and I never get it.

I guess I'm stuck thinking that this is a good guy for me and that he's made me better in many ways but that I'm maybe not the girl for him. He knows exactly what he wants from a girlfriend and my personality clashes with that ideal.

I just feel like maybe I'm letting go of something very important. I dunno. I'm just really sad.

I'll do as you say, Savignon, and start taking care of myself.

Archived