Sort of a silly question. Please forgive me.

Chocolat

Okay, I've been on birth control for 5 years. I haven't been doing well this this particular packet.

I started it on June 13th. Me and my partner had unprotected sex on the 15th and 21st. My period is due on July 7th/8th. Following me?

Let's say I got pregnant this cycle, my period would NOT show up on that day, correct? Or would it be too soon for my body to "decide."

I've heard that if I am pregnant I would be 4 weeks because they go by the last day of your last period. Please advise, thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

They count the pregnancy starting the first day of the cycle in which conception took place. I had my last period starting the 9th of May last year, and tested positive on June 7. My daughter was conceived May 22. Although I was technically 2 weeks pregnant the moment I tested, it is considered pregnant since the first day of the last period. So I was 4 weeks and 2 days then.

So that is how the mysterious pregnancy counting is explained.

You can start worrying (or getting excited) when you're not getting your period when you expect it. This is also the moment that most pregnancies can be detected with an over the counter pregnancy test.

You say you have had unsafe sex, but if you are on the pill and take it the way it is prescribed... that is not unprotected sex. I am not sure why you are scared of being pregnant?

Archived