Had first Cougar/gym experience

hexaemeron

So, yesterday, I was at the gym in my workout (I was in the middle of 30 minutes on the rower - OMG) and this woman who was in full makeup and jewelry in her spanx, early 40s comes over and lounges in the more laid back exercycles right next to me and starts staring at me and smiling and tossing her hair around as she languidly made some passing attempt to look like she was using the bike.

I mean, I always thought I rocked my sausage party card pretty openly, but she was being really overt, like Barb from CougarTown.

I didn't know what to do except keep working out because it made me a little uncomfortable, not because she's older, or a woman, or anything, but because when I go to the gym, I'm there to beat myself to a pulp. I'm not in any other mode.

Anything I can do to dissuade that sort of thing in the future or do I just have to accept that it comes with the territory sometimes and suck it up?

Suck it up for now, it is funny. I'm pretty sure this woman is a one off. She's obviously a few beers short of a six pack. Makeup at a gym? Hitting on a younger gay guy?

I don't see too many of us doing that. If this particular woman continues to bother you, just remark to her how 'hot that guy over there is'. She'll find another victim.

lmao!! Sorry, but this made me crack completely up! Especially the "Rock my Sausage Party Card" statement! BAHAHAHA!!!

I am afraid you will probably just have to kinda suck it up and realize those women are EVERYWHERE....

(she was probably so full of herself she actually thought she could turn you straight!)

I highly doubt you wear that much warpaint, FE. If she had a tomahawk, it wouldn't have been out of place.

yeah, I don't wear spandex either...no one needs to see that...Tell her you know of this great product..It's called "Camelflage", to rid her of the unsightly camel-toe.....

link removed

I guess it's the price you have to pay for being a hottie Hex. DH get's cougar-hunted at the gym sometimes too. Just remember, just because she's a cougar who applies her makeup with a trowel, doesn't mean she doesn't recognize a hot guy when she sees him...

In a way, gotta give her credit for having the er, ovaries to go after what she wants.....

I mean, I always thought I rocked my sausage party card pretty openly

LOL

When people try to talk to me at the gym, I turn up my headphones and just focus on what I'm doing without looking in their direction. I hear ya man, it's all business for me too at the gym, not a social party.

yeah, I don't wear spandex either...no one needs to see that...Tell her you know of this great product..It's called "Camelflage", to rid her of the unsightly camel-toe.....

link removed

I guess it's the price you have to pay for being a hottie Hex. DH get's cougar-hunted at the gym sometimes too. Just remember, just because she's a cougar who applies her makeup with a trowel, doesn't mean she doesn't recognize a hot guy when she sees him...

In a way, gotta give her credit for having the er, ovaries to go after what she wants.....

OMG! too funny! Camelflage...HA!

link removed

I'm not as muscled as the other guys there, so many she zeroed in on me because I looked like easier prey.

LOL

When people try to talk to me at the gym, I turn up my headphones and just focus on what I'm doing without looking in their direction. I hear ya man, it's all business for me too at the gym, not a social party.

Yeah, see, that's my thinking exactly. I have a very strict plan, no wasting time, in and out. I get up at 4:45am, I'm on the go non stop working until 4:30pm, when I then run 2.24mi to jump start my commute, then hit the gym for either more running, or lifting (depending on the day) and then a jog home for two hours of dinner, bf quality time and then finally bed.

I don't have time for cougar distractions.

Archived