Acryllic Painting - My first

Applewhite

So this is my first painting ever.

Let me know what you think - be brutal!

Also I wanted to sign up on etsy to try and sell some paintings I do. But it seems like it asks for your credit card #, adress etc. Does anyone use this site? How can I trust it and give out this information? Is there a safer way to do this? I wonder if I could sell through amazon. That seems more trustworthy.

Cheers

I couldn't draw to save my life.

Artistic, I am not but I do appreciate artists.

I bet you would be better than you think! You should try it, it is refreshing! Very relaxing and stress relieving.

I really wish some user that knew about etsy would respond. I want to post there - but I am not sure I can trust them with my credit card info + address etc.

Thanks guys. I will post anything else I make. Although I noticed that I would have rather spent more time with the painting and the acrylic was telling me it is time to stop. I will try oils next. And look up the 'wet on wet' technique so I don't have to wait and make it multiple sessions unless I want to.

Hike 14 - that's amazing! I loved how you set the tone to autumn / fall, for me it creates the feeling of wanting to be somewhere warm with a loved one.

I love the soft blends you used to shape the leaves and even more so the fog the background - making it more ominous and 'dreamlike.'

I love art of all forms, and i'm often drawn to artists like a moth to flame. Too bad i fell in love with one, who is amazing - she's works with pens - and her works are always sold, but that is a sad story for another time.

But definitely keep going with your art, is there a place you can display them in public to be sold?

For your first painting, it's good. It does, however, look amateur (which is okay! Because it is!). Keep practicing and you'll get lots better. I would stick with acrylics for right now if I were you. Oils can be tricky (not to mention expensive). I would master one media before moving on to the next. I'd start on canvas board, then work your way to canvas.. but that's just me, I found it easier. Canvas reeeeally soaks up the paint and changes the way colors blend (which is good, once you're more experienced). Sorry, you said be honest! It's not bad though.

As for etsy, tons of my friends use it. It's reputable and safe.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...