The Shakeweight

Ok I almost feel stupid asking this, but what do you think of this product, aside from its sexual innuendo goofiness.

I eat healthily and do lots of cardio and strength training (I use Jillian Michaels' yoga meltdown and cardio routines as well as awesome weight training from another trainer via Comcast on Demand lol). This wouldn't replace those elements, it would just be something I would do additionally.

My question is, do you think this would be a good thing to add to my routine or is it just stupid? lol

Honestly...it's about as useless as 95% of all the other get rich quick schemes that flood the home exercise marketplace. I would place it about on par with the idea that an electric belt that you strap to your waist to zap your abs will build muscle while you sit there and watch tv. I'm confident 5 minutes of research online will tell you the same.

Jillian would be the first to tell ya, real(not an exercise gimmick) exercise + calories in/calories out is the best and only way. There are loads of great routines that you could add to what you're currently doing. Plyometrics and crossfit quickly come to mind. Hope this helped!

It's um surprising that this is on the market, but really keep with what you are doing.

I hear Jillian Michaels 30 day shred is good actually, as well as exercises you already do at home. Do Tricep dips from a table, or even from the bathroom tub. Pushups can be the same way. Good luck!

Honestly...it's about as useless as 95% of all the other get rich quick schemes that flood the home exercise marketplace. I would place it about on par with the idea that an electric belt that you strap to your waist to zap your abs will build muscle while you sit there and watch tv. I'm confident 5 minutes of research online will tell you the same.

Jillian would be the first to tell ya, real(not an exercise gimmick) exercise + calories in/calories out is the best and only way. There are loads of great routines that you could add to what you're currently doing. Plyometrics and crossfit quickly come to mind. Hope this helped!

It did, thank you! I just want to double clarify that I know nothing is a quick miracle and I'm not looking for such, I just wondered if the product was designed intelligently or something and worth a shot. I would guess it isn't haha.

I sort of liked the idea of the resistance, it reminds me of the abdominal exercises I do on my medicine ball to engage a full range of motion. That was all I was thinking about it. lol

It's um surprising that this is on the market, but really keep with what you are doing.

I hear Jillian Michaels 30 day shred is good actually, as well as exercises you already do at home. Do Tricep dips from a table, or even from the bathroom tub. Pushups can be the same way. Good luck!

Thanks!, yes that 30 day shred is amazing! Her yoga meltdown is going to be my best friend when I get around my goal weight and have more endurance.

I suppose the tricep dips and pushups would target the same muscles without spending $20 lol!

That demo is hilarious.

Anyways, wouldnt you get the same kind of workout with regular weights?

Save the 20$ and put it towards a cute outfit that shows off your fab arms.

Congrats for keeping up with the workout!

Haha good idea!

Like I said, the only thing I *thought* it was good for was getting more done in the same period of time I usually do arm workouts.

I can't do bicep curls (where I squeeze lifting and lowering) as fast as that thing moves lol, so I thought it works the muscles faster and I would get more out of it.

I guess I won't waste my money

Thanks, Ellie!

The shakeweight isn't about burning more calories its basically about more natural and extensive use of your muscles while you work out. It forces your muscles to not only work to exert themselves against heavy objects but it also forces them to work as a team to stabilize while handling an unstable object. In other words its less targeted to a specific muscle and more about local muscle groups and types of muscles.

The shakeweight isn't about burning more calories its basically about more natural and extensive use of your muscles while you work out. It forces your muscles to not only work to exert themselves against heavy objects but it also forces them to work as a team to stabilize while handling an unstable object. In other words its less targeted to a specific muscle and more about local muscle groups and types of muscles.

First off, omg. lol Okay, Bismark has it right. I could see this having positive benefits actually. (besides watching the video for 6mintues a day ) The goal of it is to tone up specific muscle groups and looks to me like it might do just that. As it gains momentum it will force the use of those muscles in the upper arms, etc. Certainly would help tone them. Have you bopped by wally-world? Might even find it cheaper. For 20bucks I'd try it if I was women looking to tone up the arm muscles.

Yes, this was what I was thinking lol... I know it is ridiculous and if you go into it thinking "Oooh I will stuff my face with lard and sit on the couch masturbating this weight I will BE HOTTT" then no, you're going to fail. It seemed to have a valid premise, in terms of how it works muscles. lol

Thanks!, yes that 30 day shred is amazing! Her yoga meltdown is going to be my best friend when I get around my goal weight and have more endurance.

I suppose the tricep dips and pushups would target the same muscles without spending $20 lol!

I have her Yoga Meltdown. Holy cats, it's a workout.

I'm certainly no exercise guru by any stretch, but it seems to me that because of the rapidity of the exercise, you'll be getting to work certain muscle types/fibers that you don't with other kinds of muscle exertion. There are slow-twitch muscle fibers (which give you endurance) and fast-twitch fibers (which give you sudden, quick bursts of strength) and I would imagine that this really pushes your endurance and strengthens the latter, even more than regular weight training.

I'm gonna go with a really brilliant thought about this: anything that tires me out really fast must be a good workout.

And this looks like it would waste me in about 30 seconds flat (given I'm also very weak in the upper body). So, I think I might spring for this -- glad you posted this!

I don't just want highly presentable arms.

I want to be prepared.

(And really, I would prefer a male demo on the video. Or is this why men don't need this device? I think we just found out why women get "wings" and guys don't!! lol...)

ROFLMAO!!!

I'm sorry, but any exercise tool that involves THAT motion has got to be a joke. I can't watch the infomercial without giggling. Can't you just skip the $20 and give your man a hj a little more often? LOL

And I think TOV nailed why men don't get arm flab "wings" and women do... they just work those muscles a little more often than we do!

ROFLMAO!!!

I'm sorry, but any exercise tool that involves THAT motion has got to be a joke. I can't watch the infomercial without giggling. Can't you just skip the $20 and give your man a hj a little more often? LOL

And I think TOV nailed why men don't get arm flab "wings" and women do... they just work those muscles a little more often than we do!

HAHAHAHA!! omg I'm cracking up.

Bahh...Long distance! Long distance!

You're right though... hahaha

Archived