Odd question for online dating sites?

So I wanted to meet some people around here but over the net, nothing serious but I'd like to try and see what it's like... Now of course I don't want to spend any money on it because I'm just looking to see if you can meet anyone that's like a match. So does anyone know of free I guess dating websites out there? Or is there such a thing?

link removed is a good one, but to actually contact someone on there, either you or your match has to have a star membership which cost a little money. Do pay attention to the picture or their description tho, because a lot of times people would hide their contact info in there.

what i usually do is to search people using yahoo! profiles:

link removed?.oc=a

where it says "enter a location" you can put in your city, so you'll find people that's in your area. you can also check the "view only profiles with pictures" so you can see what they look like. and "view only online profiles" which you can start talking to them right away. of course that requires you to have yahoo! messenger, which is free to download and is one of the best messenger services out there.

hope that helps ^_^ PM me if you like

Go to link removed. It's kind of like an Internet bulletin board, with many forums - singles ads, tickets, jobs, etc. It's based on cities, i.e., San Francisco, New York, Denver, Miami, etc. So if you live near a major metropolitan area you would click on that city, than it will take you to the boards for that city. It's free!

Damn, is it really that bad with online people? I mean I would do it because no one really interesting is around here. (Or at least I haven't met anyone just yet.)You'd think it would people like you on there. Only thing is I don't want to talk some strange crazy person, even though I'd think it'd be kind of funny.

Anyways, I don't think I would try and meet anyone on link removed anyhow.

Scout where did you meet people online at? link removed?

You'll never know if you don't try. There's lots of sites out there that you can use: yahoo personals, americansingles, hotornot, etc. I met my current bf on yahoo just chatting. Most guys i met online were just after one thing if you know what i mean...but maybe it's different with guys. Despite the fact that I had decent luck, i had really really crappy luck for months before that. I would say it's better to try to find someone in person if you possibly can

I've done some online dating but nothing has ever worked out. Ever. I did go out with this one guy for a while that I met on a vegetarian dating site, and that was cool for a few months...he was the only normal one on the site, though, judging from the other profiles. I also did go out on a date or two with a guy from Craigslist. He was normal, very nice, just I wasn't physically attracted to him. Right now I'm not really dating anyone, but the last two guys I dated I met in bars, to tell you the truth. Well, a neighborhood pub, and than a wine bar. Online dating - it's hit or miss.

I've heard of success stories and fun dates to come out of online sites. Many times it's the only way busy people can meet other singles. The problem is that online dating is alot more work than people think. You really need to send out emails to other people you're interested in to find someone you would like to date.

• 3 weeks later...

My best advice is to simply go to a chat room and just spend time making friends. I tried a few dating services, had a few hits, but nothing panned out. I'm a firm believer that if you're looking for love, you won't find it. I finally just started wandering around the AOL chat rooms making friends. Then one night, he moseyed into the room and six months later we are celebrating half a year together. I spent three weeks with him (he lives in Pittsburgh, I live in Portland OR), and the visit couldn't have been more fun or romantic!

I could never go back to just meeting people in person and going from there. I love meeting people online because, as long as they're being honest with you, you learn so much more about the person. Who can honestly say that they aren't initially attracted to and interested in another person because of how they look? Online you get to know them very personally without physicality getting in the way.

• 4 weeks later...

As for link removed, try to find gals who are star members. That way, when you're matched,you can email them for free. Maybe it's easier for gals to meet guys there than the other way around. I found that website is the easiest place to meet people. I don't like chatting with strangers...wasting my time, but if you do have a lot of time for chatting, i believe it should be fun.

Or you can try link removed. This website is cool. It's similar to link removed but much better. This place for meeting new people basically and at the same time you can find dates. And of course free!! Every once in awhile they have cool party too. Cool website, cool people!

Good Luck!

-babybees-

hello friend i no were you have been looking for love in all the wrong plase's looking for love and some times just to get some. can't say much but i have looked to there seems to be no were to find pepole that are loc

it seems every one that i meet is out of state . hey have a haret if you find one give me a shout. 8)