Blind-sided by ex, not coping..

Omg, i've been blindsided by my ex. Okay, we've had some phone exchanges that haven't been that great, but she has just blocked me from f/b (not that i really care about f/b, but it was a form of communication seeing as though she lived so far away) and has changed her number. I think she's even changed her email. I have no way of contacting her except through an alternate f/b account i have set up, but even then, she'll just block me from that as well.

I feel like i've had my guts ripped out. Fair enough, i was no angel, but i didn't see this coming. I just feel really betrayed.. I have just realised how much i will really miss her.

Edit: i guess it's my fault. It just feels bad.

How do you deal with enforced "no contact"?

I believe you have been split up for quite a while now and that she had not treated you right during the relationship and split. Take this blocking as a blessing in disguise that you will no longer be tempted to communicate with her which means you will no longer have access to the "drug" of being in communication with someone you still love but who doesn't love you back. Now you can truly work at healing yourself and getting over the relationship.

You deal with it by really accepting that the relationship is over... people have the right to choose who they want to be with, as lovers or friends, and if she doesn't want you in her life, then it is really a huge sign that you need to focus on letting go rather than focusing on HER.

Google 'thought stopping' and start practicing it. You need to get her out of the center of your thoughts, and in appropriate context, that is, the reality that is over and she is not part of your life anymore, hence, she shouldn't be in your thoughts all the time and you need to learn to control that and break out of the habit of thinking of her, and instead think of yourself and your own life now.

I believe you have been split up for quite a while now and that she had not treated you right during the relationship and split. Take this blocking as a blessing in disguise that you will no longer be tempted to communicate with her which means you will no longer have access to the "drug" of being in communication with someone you still love but who doesn't love you back. Now you can truly work at healing yourself and getting over the relationship.

It is like a drug, what the hell is it with that?!

I'm so sorry Mgirl. My ex also blindsided me, i came home and she moved all her stuff out and all she left was some crummy note. What a load of crap! It's been 12 days since + 12 days of NC, every day still hurts... Just keep talking about how you feel, it does help. There are some really wonderful people on here and you are not alone. If it's meant to be, it will work out. If not, how much time are you willing to let pass where you are sad and upset when in the end it wont work out anyways? Stay strong.

Archived