It's been 18 months since we broke up, i've seen her a few times, and i know that i'll see her again. In the past since i was healing i just walked past or pretended i didnt see her, is it time i start to say hi? I don't want to be rude if for some reason she strikes up a conversation.

I think i am ready but i only believe that because i've cautioned myself in the past to not get involved in a conversation with her and that could be the reason im doing so well now.

I have seen her sister/mother and i've talked with them briefly on different occasions, basically what im asking here is, others opinions and experiences if it would hurt to say hi or have a small conversation, or should i just continue with the way i have, ,pretending to not see her etc. Has seeing your ex after a period of time of NC sparked feelings that you had burried?

I just read over all your posts from your breakup to now, because I was curious to see your healing experience over the past 18 months; because I am at the beginning of mine.. 3 days NC; but I think you've taken more than enough steps to show her you are willing to be her friend, with the message you sent her a year ago and stuff.. Just let it be, if she comes to you to strike conversation then don't push her away, but if she doesn't just carry on with your life.

Archived