how to find love

sjgot1

An old school buddy of mine is quite shy around girls. He's not bad looking but hasn't had much experience talking to girls, especially the cute ones.

Last week, an attractive girl at his work called him into a quiet area and the two talked. As she left she gave him a peck on the cheek.

Believing that no cute girl would be interested in him, my friend said (to me) that she must be playing with him (i.e. playing games or leading him on).

What do other people think i.e. my friend has raised the issue a couple of times and I don't know what to say, except that he may be assuming to much without getting to know her better.

Thanks

It sounds like he's so worried about rejection that he's setting himself up for it to be nothing more than her playing games, so he doesn't get hopeful and interested only to get shot down.

The problem with this is, you could say of anyone who shows interest that they might be just fooling around. You don't know until you put yourself out there a little and see what response you get. It's almost impossible to tell before he really knows her.

Archived