How do I handle this situation?

Scattered

Alright, I'm on day 4 of my NC and I couldn't be happier. I have wonderful friends who've kept me company, working on self improvement, my class work is getting done and I feel better and more confident about myself than I have in a long time. I have cut all forms of contact from my ex and have resisted updating facebook and I feel proud that I have been able to do so, it's a bad habit.

So what could be the problem, you ask? Well... I'm going home this weekend and it just so happens that my ex wants to go to her new boyfriend's house, which happens to be right passed my house. I can't shake the feeling that she's going to try to stop by because she knows when my test is and will probably use that as an excuse to come see me, when I don't want her to. But because of NC I can't tell her not to, so I'm kinda stuck on what to do. Should I just blow her off if she comes over or should I be polite and start NC from day 1 after she leaves? This is terrible!

You're going through a healing process at the moment; seeing her will just re-amp those old feelings and put you back at square one which is not where you want to be. It's bad for you, but would be a feather in her cap if she knew you were missing her like you do. Do not give her that satisifaction, if you do, she will have you by the beach balls. You don't have to be rude, but I would politely decline her inquire to come visit.

Archived