How to keep moving forward

I've been on NC for almost a week now. I can already tell a major change in my feelings toward my ex. The only time I think about her is when I realize that I haven't thought about her. Just the moment where I say "Hey, I haven't thought about her at all today" It's a great feeling.

I've been trying to be happy, been hanging out with good friends and have even started dating a new girl

But every once in awhile my ex will pop in my head and the thought of her being with another guy still gives me chills. Is there anything else I can do to keep moving forward or will these last bit of feelings go away on their own eventually?

I've been on NC for almost a week now. I can already tell a major change in my feelings toward my ex. The only time I think about her is when I realize that I haven't thought about her. Just the moment where I say "Hey, I haven't thought about her at all today" It's a great feeling.

I've been trying to be happy, been hanging out with good friends and have even started dating a new girl

But every once in awhile my ex will pop in my head and the thought of her being with another guy still gives me chills. Is there anything else I can do to keep moving forward or will these last bit of feelings go away on their own eventually?

Yup, i know the feeling. You just have to cry for a few minutes when the feelings arise...and then limit it. Stop and move on. Think about something else. Keep busy. Take up a new hobby. Watch TV. Play video games that involve shooting things

There is no way to cut the pain out right away. It just takes time. It sucks, I know. I've been there. Just be determined to soldier on. The best thing I have done is to distract myself from thinking about these things.

It's ok to cry and feel like crap, but the key is to limit it. That's how I handle the ups and downs.

Hi,

I am in much the same situation mate. Seeing a new girl, still missing the ex, but not as much and can go a while without hinking about her. But when i do i feel low and sad and i hate the thought of her with anyone else.

God i hope the thoughts eventually get less, but i have to believe they will. Eventually i fell i will come to terms with what is inevitable and be at peace that my life and I are going the way i want without her.

Thanks Dan and Psinic,

I am trying really hard to distract myself when these thoughts come up. I've been doing school work more often now and taking every chance I can get to hang out with friends and now I have this new girl to go out with. I just hope that eventually I can think of her with someone else and be fine with it.

Good luck to you both with your healing!

Archived