got back now split again

well i was in a relationshipe for 4 years with this girl, we split last year for 7 months(she boke up with me), we both dated other people but managed to get back together in january of this year...

i had what everyone wanted a second chance, well it last 5 months but this weekend it finished again...

this time it was partly me, she wasn't making me happy, i still love her loads but i always had the feelin that she didn't quite have the same amount of love for me, i confronted her and she admited that though she loved me only really saw me as a friend!! now i was crushed...but since yesterday im feeling so much better(nothing like last time) i know now this is for the best and i was preparing myself for it...unlike last time when it was out of the blue!!!

im finally feel healed and ready to move on...

what im trying to say is perhaps it is never the same, i don't doubt people get back and make it work, but im just saying that it also doesn't..

people hang in there, i am!!

I understand what you are saying Street.

A vase once broken, would always leave signs of cracks. I personally do not believe in "patching up" a relationship for many do not really change after all. I once believed in the better good of people, but many a times I was bitterly let down.

So...as much as people are deceitful but as humans, we need to love and to be loved too. I guess Springsteen sums it up best!

"We've got this moment now to live, then it's all just dust and dark.

Let's let love give what it gives. Let's let love give what it gives"

- Worlds Apart, Bruce Springsteen.

Good post street.

Many of us just want one more chance--that's all. We just want to right the wrongs. If I get another chance and it doesn't work out then so be it. But no even having one real chance is unfair .

After enough breakups one definitely shouldn't try again. The more breakups the less likely it is to work.

thanks

Street good to hear you are taking it well this time...

Bleeder...the vase does not always show signs of old cracks and sometimes it's really a new vase....but not always...

Raider you also make a great point, while we all want a second chance, we did, at one point, have what some people never have, love....and even though it's gone we still got to experience it at least once in our life...

all this talk about vases makes me wanna stop by Pier 1. lol

but yea i believe a 2nd chance after a break/breakup can strengthen the love that was already there. i got this from muneca's signature way back:

"Absense diminishes mediocre passions & increases great ones, as the wind blows out candles and fans fire."

-some famous thinker lol

time apart will either make or break a relationship. well i should re-word that. time apart will prove whether the love u 2 shared is for real & meant to be & if it is it will burn w/ more power if not take it as a growing & learning experience, trial & error i guess.

im glad the poster got a 2nd chance. & was able to come to terms that its more than likely not gonna work out w/ the ex. i agree one break up can be worked out but when u break up more times than u change your sheets then there's a definite problem.

-DG724