Im 17, shes nearly 24 - What should I tell the Parents??

To give you a basic rundown... There has been this chick who I see on the bus once a week and about a month ago she came upto me and gave me her number. Anyway we have gone out a few times and had our first kiss the other day.

The problem is that I have no idea how my parents would react if I told them that I am going out with a 24 y/o (when im only 17). I make up lies most the time when I go out to see her, but that is becoming harder and harder. If I tell my parents, what should I say?

They would be fine if I was going out with someone my age but, the age gap may freak them out. If I tell them It would be much easier to go out and be with her. They can't really stop me from going out with her but you know.

We love one another very much and talked about this situation, which she understands. Maybe if I slowly drop hints as time goes by. What do you all think? What should I say and how?

Yeah, a number of guys have said that, but please be serious, What can I do without making my parents freak out??!!

Oh she looks much younger, And we have thaught of saying that she is younger, but that might lead to trouble further down the track.

Well, this may be the 1st situation I've come accross that I actually dont have any advice for, as I've never been in this situation or seen anyone elses experience with it.

I would say that if you think your parents would freak out about the idea, I would probably hold back from disclosing too much information until you know for sure how serious the relationship is. No use in getting your parents in an uproar over someone you're not that serious about yet.

Well you can tell them that she has expirence and knows how to handle her life. They don't have to worry about her making mistakes teenagers do.

Well, thats the one thing my parents told me about this 25 y/o chick they wanted me to hook up with when I was 18 = P.

Well we are going to the movies tomorrow, I think tonight I might just say to my parents that im going to the movies with *her-name* (and explain that I met her on the bus etc).

It might be best to just play along and not mention her age at all and get away with it. She looks much younger so I think that may decrease the chance of me having to explain how old she really is.

I could imagine that one day my parents would like to meet her. I mean my parents can't stop me, All they'd want is for me to be happy, and I am, also I am nearly an adult, so I can do what I want.

I don't think you should tell your parents her age mate, it's very hard to judge a young womans age correctly anyway...

I would just indroduce her to your parents, see how things go, i donubt your parents will question her age, but if they do i would come clean...

good luck

Ok basically I have had friends in a similar situation to you - except it was the otehr way around- the guy was always older than the chick. Anyway, they always turned out badly for the girl and her family becuase the age gaps were big and the parents were like "I dontwant my little girl to be with an older man" - lol. But becuase SHE is older, and generally people think that the chick is the one who would get used and abused if she were dating an OLDER guy, your situation is a complete flip up of that one!

I dont think you have to worry about it at all. I mean, your parents dont even have to know YET what her age is. If she looks younger, great. Havent you noticed that chicks our age try to look OLDER anyway?!?! lol.

Sooooooo basically my advice to you is get her to rock up at your house to pick you up for your date and let your parents meet her, but dont even discuss her age. If they start askin' her questions about which school she goes to, or if she works, act all embarrassed and say "OK, enough with the 1001 questions!" or something along those lines. THen you can go out on your date. At least they have met her but it has been only a short meeting as you are on your way out anyways.

When you are both ready, you can start sharing more info with your folks- but maybe keep the age gap quiet until your folks know her and think she is great for you - so make sure you act all grown up at home so that they think that she is changing you for the better - making you more mature and stuff

Good LUCK!!