Should I tell him about my exs

smile4you

after a week of talking, he asked me to be his girlfriend. I really don't know why since he doesn't know me well enough. I really want to be straight and honest with him so that we don't waste each others time. I really want to tell him about my past relationships (I was going to marry one guy and I dated my coworker) so that he understands where I'm coming from and why I'm scared of opening my heart again. Should I tell him about my past? Do guys like hearing about girls exs?

usually you don't have these kinds of conversations until you've been in the relationship for a few weeks...I mean...you have to know if you're going to connect with this guy before you start spilling your guts out on all your past relationships.

Have a few dates...if the opportunity arises and you want to tell him, tell him. But I don't think it's necessary to tell him right out of the gate.

All the best...

~Allie

I don't think you should spill all your secrets just yet. Like someone else posted, you have no idea if this person and you are going to connect, and sometimes by telling a new partner about past relationships can make it fairly awkward if the other person really had no interest.

I asked about my boyfriends ex girlfriends a few weeks after we started dating because I actually started to like him. Before I had no interest in getting that heavy. At some point, it is important to talk about ex's - just because to me... it's like a report card. You know, did he cheat? Did she cheat? Did he ever get the cops called on him? Did they live together? You can tell a lot about a person by the type of people they date. So, just hang on first and see where it'll go.

The right time may come and if he doesn't ask than he probably doesn't care. I would just let the time tell, no need to push more information than needed.

I agree with sidehop. Plus - you spill everything now and he's going to think you're showing off or bragging or something.

Archived