Define Losing Virginity

Several counter definitions in dictionaries.

1) A person who has not experienced sexual intercourse

So it seems viriginity is lost with sexual intercourse

2) A person of the male sex who has not known sexual indulgence

Does this mean masterbating = lost viriginity but for guys?

3) Unused; pristine; in a known initial state

Any hanky panky, bean flipping or touch for pleasure goes against it?

Its all in the shady area. I think it boils down to religious vs agnostic kinda argument. Religious folk argue any form of sexual pleasure is a sin, so we say oral sex is consedered sex. While agnostic tries to say its sexual intercourse.

Anyone want to back me on that? Im religious and think any form of gratification revokes virginity. Anyone care to share if they think thats what most feel like based on views?

Hey Sebulous,

Your definition 3 refers to non-sexual type things (virgin wood, virgin olive oil, etc)

As far a religious nature goes there is a distinction between "virgin" and "innocent". You can be a virgin and yet not be innocent (i.e. having experienced oral sex), but thats not true of the reverse (if you are not a virgin then you are not innocent).

Well, some people, especially girls love to place the line of when you cross virginity all over the place. A girl can claim she's a virgin, yet have given oral to every guy in town. So I have a formula that I go by. If you've had either vaginal or anal intercourse, you are no longer a virgin as far as Im concerned. 2nd, if you've given or received oral from more than 2 people then you are no longer a virgin in my book.

The definition of losing your virginity is vaginal intercourse.

However, in spite of what Bill Clinton claimed, that is not the definition of sexual relations.

LOL!

Yes, a loss of virginity (for women) means that the chick has had sexual intercourse. Penetration by a penis that is, I don't think masturbation or being fingered by someone counts. Just my 2 cents though.