How long does it take for a shy guy to ask you out?

Valentine

Let me put a disclaimer here because I may be starting to sound a bit whiny. My life is awesome because I am ugly. I may be alone, but everything else is just great.

The "I have a boyfriend" line is played so much that I don't think anyone believes it any more. Telling me "oh sorry i have a boyfriend i can't!" would get translated in my head as "I'm not attracted to you, and I don't think you're very bright, but I don't want to hurt your feelings, so I'm going to tell you I have a boyfriend. You're an idiot to think that I was attracted to you. You've completely misread all the signals. No girl will ever be interested in you. I'm going to tell my friends about how lame you are, and we're gonna have a good laugh."

Pretty much any "no" answer will be translated like this, and that's why I'm resistant to asking a girl out. She has two basic choices: yes or no. I know she won't say "yes," so that only leaves "no," and that's going to make me look like a fool and kill off any "maybe" ideas I might have about this girl or any girl in the future.

I would actually prefer "Uhhh no...sorry just not interested in you!!!" because it shows that she doesn't think I'm a complete idiot. She's not patronizing me. As far as finding out if she's single, asking somebody who knows her generally works.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You have to turn your negative thoughts around..self talk is your major sabatoger..if she is showing interest, and yes there can be some clear cut signs **she** is (i believe) even to the shyest and most anxious of men that EVERYONE stands a chance if they believe it.

I have seen physically average looking if not (excuse me for this) but less than physically average looking guys get beatiful women, wonderful women, get married and have a family..and no they don't have money..so how do you figure that happened?

Archived