Guys, I need advice on how to ask a guy out.

I have never really asked anyone out on a date before and am looking for advice, especially from the men on this forum about what ways you would like a woman to ask you out?

I hear most men would love for the woman to do the asking and I am totally nervous about this whole thing.

I have taken a small interest towards my mailman at work. I see him daily and we have made small talk. He is always very nice towards me and I don't see a ring on his finger. I think that we flirt to a small extent, but when we see each other, it's very brief (in passing, as he is leaving my office building or if we happen to take the elevator together).

I know very little about him and was also wondering how I could ask him if he has a girlfriend or not? I'm taking a giant leap here guys...I'm usually a very shy person when it comes to the matters of the heart.

I think that this is so hard for me because I don't really know him. He's practically a complete stranger to me. Guys, how do you do it?

Thing is, if he denies me, then I'll have to face him everyday when he drops the mail off. This would be embarrassing for me...maybe I can play it off as trying to be as casual as possible about it? Ahhggg! I feel like I'm making a bigger deal out of this than it really is.

Any advice people?

I would say don't jump right into asking him for a date. Try something a little more subtle, perhaps coffee or lunch. Lunch can be non-threatening, less pressure. If you have a good time, then he will probably ask you for the second date.

Thanks for the reply Ab38, your right, I should try something less theatening. I'm starting to think this might be impossible since we hardly know each other. Besides, someone as good looking as him probably has a girlfriend. I'm thinking that I will try to work that into our next light conversation. Because if he has a girlfriend, then to me, he's off limits!

Thanks again!

I would suggest you up the flirting a little bit..like add touching nothing major just like touch his arm or somethin..I know that would probably do something for me if a girl did that.. You worry about him denying you well talk to him more when your around..

But if you want to just flat out ask him out on a date and see what he'll say then I would suggest handing him a letter addressed to him..do you know what his name is?..and just write a note in there saying you'd like to get to know him a little better and put your phone number in there..I think if he did that he'd be stupid to turn you down. It will all work out for you.

Let us know how it goes

Phil