What do ladies think about middle of the week casual first date?

jmupike26

I think if this is a first meet like someone you met off of a dating site that's perfect and probably way preferable to a full blown date on fri or sat night.

If this is a girl you have been trying to get to know in real life, however, and you already know each other, already know that there is 'something there" fun and flirty, and there's a good vibe about one another, then a nicer date on a real date night for dinner or something might send a better message that you really are into her.

In other words if you know her, have been courting her for awhile and finally asked her out and she said yes you don't want to take the chance of her thinking you don't like her all that much by not putting much thought at all into it.

And it's not about money. You don't have to go to a place and spend a small fortune, but if she sees you put 'thought' into the plans that will be a nice touch. If you go for a weeknight she might think she isn't 'date night material'.

But if its a first meet up from a dating site, then yes, its perfect.

Sounds great to me, even if you've already known her for a little while. If happy hour goes well you can always decide on the spot to follow it up with dinner as well, or stay at the patio a long time and have some food there.

True, but in that case I still suggest a Friday or a Saturday.

If I had known the guy awhile, I might feel that he chose a weeknight so as to not have to stay out later with me if the evening got on well - a lot of people don't want to stay out very late on work nights. lol

I think weeknight is fine if it's a meetup from an on-line dating site, but if you have already "met", she may feel you are "sqeezing" her into your schedule if you don't ask to see her on a weekend night.

I have always preferred to be asked out for the weekend (unless it's a meetup, like I said).

I think weeknight is fine if it's a meetup from an on-line dating site, but if you have already "met", she may feel you are "sqeezing" her into your schedule if you don't ask to see her on a weekend night.

I have always preferred to be asked out for the weekend (unless it's a meetup, like I said).

Exactly MissKitty. Agreed. You are speaking of exactly what I am trying to say as well. If I knew the guy well and we'd been flirting and getting to know each other, and then he asks me out, I won't lie, i'll feel kind of funny if it is mid week.

It's not a deal breaker, but since OP asked for opinions just giving some food for thought.

Archived