Is it better to have loved? than to never have loved at all?

hey people, although I might already know the answer to this one, I wanted to throw this out there...I've only been in love once, and I was left broken hearted....I see my life before and after, and I think i rather not have loved at all because now not only do I feel alone, but want more loving, specially from the one that doesn't love me anymore.....and now these feelings won't go away, when I was single without love pains, I felt so alive, and not that I felt like that when I wan in love, it was a different hi.

Now my mission has changed, and now I want to love and be loved all the time...and this feeling is eating me up inside.....

i don't know if anyone can understand this, but I truly feel that its better not to have loved at all....

Johy

Thats a good question because people in love would most likely answer that its better to have loved, but people who are heart broken would most likely say thats its better to never have loved at all.

I think its better to have loved. It changes who you are. It makes you a stronger person. You just have to get over the heart ache of it. It makes you realize what you want in a person & what you don't want, so that when you do meet that one person you are meant to be with, you will know how to love them. Like you were saying, you now want to love & be loved. You can't love someone without knowing what its like to be loved.

yer i agree with maggie. loving someone will change who you are, and love is like playing darts in the dark, you are allmost never going to hit the bull, first time, so being let down is allways going to be an issue.

To be in love is something very special, and very sensetive. i know the feeling of enreturned love, at least i think i do. it is just something that you have to deal with.

I spose if you have loved and lost then it just makes you appreciate it so much more when your love is returned.

Yes, it hurts to have lost a love. But true, you are changed forever. I think of the answer to this common phrase, by responding with another on.

I wouldn't have missed it for the world.

It'll happen again. Of that you can be quite sure. And it will hurt if you lose that love again. But it doesn't mean in my books that it was never worth it.

Things change. People change.

You may feel it's better to not have loved, because then you may not feel the way you do, but at least now you know what it's like. And you know what it can be like again.

You either have passion, and you love. Or you don't seem to, and life is more flat somehow.

I agree its better to have loved.

I broke up with my ex (the only girl ive really felt something for) after 7 weeks (long story), and i miss her like mad even though i havent seen her for like 14 weeks now. Still ocasionally speak by tx.

Even though i am still truly gutted, and still want her back, i am happy that i had the chance to be with her.

well, yes, i've been hurt...and I believe that love was an awesome experience, but it hurts so much, from the moment you like the person, your feelings are exposed to pain and hurt, and to leave a love behind is the same as if they were dead, you no longer exist in their world, I don't believe in the Friends thing, after you break up, its all a bunch of crap from the dumper, the dumpee is just hoping that the next phone call is to get back and period. There is no such thing as friends after a break up.

Although I'm greatful for loving and being loved, the hurt and the pain are too hard to bare..I don't want to go thru it again,

The older we get, the more meaningful love is, the more we appreciate love,and so, the harder it is to get over it when its gone,

I know everyone says is better to have loved that to never know love, and to those I ask...

IS IT WORTH SO MUCH UNBEARABLE PAIN IN YOUR HEART?

times change, views change,

the fary tale love from before is slowly fading away,

How do you know if you are gonna ever love again???

johy

I have been broken hearted before. It hurts. I know that its the type of pain I'm scared to ever feel again. But I do think its worth it. Time has healed my pain. It did take me a long time to heal, but I eventually did. Now I am in love & loved by the most amazing guy ever. If I had to go through all that heartbreak again, just to be with him, I would. When you find that person you are meant to be with, none of the other people who have hurt you matter anymore. You don't think about them anymore. They are just a memory without the pain. All the heartbreaks I have ever gone through have made me who I am & I'm happy with who I am. Every thing you experience shapes who you are & a heart break just makes your heart stronger. You just have to let time erase the pain. It will. It may take a year, it may take 6 months, but it will happen. Because of the pain I went through, I know how much being loved means to me. You just have to remember that everythign happens for a reason. The reason heart break happens is to teach you what love is all about. When you find the person you are meant to be with, your view on everything about love will change.