What can I say back?

jennyy

I'm sort of interested in this guy I met on my online sociology class. He writes blogs for our school, and he's really very funny and witty.. I recognized his name on the discussion board for our class and I messaged him saying hey, and telling him how much I enjoyed his blog. We went back and forth, and I know he could tell I can keep up with his type of humor and we seemed to hit it off pretty good. Towards the end of our conversation he said this:

"If this class were a little more difficult, I would suggest we team up and form a team. But it's been so easy that it would be overkill. It was also nice semi-meeting you too. Take care."

I dont want to overthink this, but how could I maybe suggest we meet up as well? I know he's attractive from the pictures on the blog.. but he has no clue who I am or what I look like.

There's a spring fling coming up-- just something little our college is throwing, maybe I could ask if he was going to that? Dunno how to word it.

Unless he has an idea of what you look like (a photo or two at least) it's going to be extremely difficult for you to score a date with him unless the two of you develop some solid online connection based on other traits (humor/intellect/etc.) even then it would be a long shot. Is there any way you can post your photo up on any dating community he may be involved in and message him again? This gives him a chance to see how pretty you are and your chances improve singnificantly. He may even ask you out first and beat you to it.

I dont think there are any student dating things, and the only thing I know he's involved with is the Student Ambassadors, who are pretty active in the student community. However, I know this is his last semester here, and he's going off to Baylor. SO, probably not a good idea to try and make a spark just to send him off in a few months. haha.

Hey Jenny,

Do you know what he looks like? Have you ever seen him at university?

I say you have nothing to lose, it sounds like he was suggesting a potential meet up in his last message...

I always say go for it, even if he says no, or it doesn't work out, it's better to have taken the risk than the sit here no knowing!

Just say something like "I've really enjoyed chatting with you, wanna meet up for a coffee sometime?"

Ammy

Hey Jenny,

Do you know what he looks like? Have you ever seen him at university?

I say you have nothing to lose, it sounds like he was suggesting a potential meet up in his last message...

I always say go for it, even if he says no, or it doesn't work out, it's better to have taken the risk than the sit here no knowing!

Just say something like "I've really enjoyed chatting with you, wanna meet up for a coffee sometime?"

Ammy

I totally agree and it's not like you're taking a big risk and putting your ego on the line at all, after all he doesn't know what you look like and doesn't know much about you so I say go for it and maybe something good will come out of it. I agree with Ammy, casually ask him for a coffee but I would also add that maybe you find his blogs/post really cool so that he sees you're interested in him for more than just a brief online chat. It would be fairly creepy if he assumed that you are asking him out and you know nothing of him. But yeah definitely go for it

"So I know this is gonna come off as weird and dumb.. lol but as you probably know, the college has that cyber cafe. By the word cafe, I'm assuming it sells coffee, or I think they do, I've never seen someone buy it from there though. So what awkward-shy-Jenny is trying to say: would you like to meet up for some coffee or smoothies sometime?"

That sounds so dumb. ahhaha.

"So I know this is gonna come off as weird and dumb.. lol but as you probably know, the college has that cyber cafe. By the word cafe, I'm assuming it sells coffee, or I think they do, I've never seen someone buy it from there though. So what awkward-shy-Jenny is trying to say: would you like to meet up for some coffee or smoothies sometime?"

That sounds so dumb. ahhaha.

That is cute and humorous, but I think it might come accross too tentative and like you're not confident at all. I know you are shy, but you have to fake it till you feel it with confidence... I was also a shy girl when I was your age.

I wouldn't premise it with the "weird and dumb" part or the "awkward and shy Jenny part"...

Can you simply say. "So the college has that cyber cafe, I'm assuming it seels coffee, I've never seen someone buy it from there though... so do you wanna test that hypothesis with me sometime?"

Still kinda quirky and funny... but nothing self-defacing about yourself?

Ammy

"as you probably know, the college has that cyber cafe. By the word cafe, I'm assuming it sells coffee, or I think they do, I've never seen someone buy it from there though. So what awkward-shy-Jenny is trying to say: would you like to meet up for some coffee or smoothies sometime?"

Much better Let us know how it goes and I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you

Thanks so much guys! Ahhh sent. >.

Fingers crossed!!

If nothing else, you have taken a step in the not-so-shy direction! The only way to overcome shyness is to do the absolute thing you fear - put yourself out there!!

Excited for you! I have been where you are now, but I left it for years to fix my shyness, I wish I had been braver when I was in college - so you go girl!

Ammy

Archived