Why do are we attracted to people?

redsoles

Ahh the laws of attraction, I can't honestly tell you what causes it, but I can tell you that i like it... ....it's all subconcious, in our nature, thats as far as I know..lol..

Its a damn good feeling, yet so terrible all at once.......

I don't know exactly what it is, but sometimes there is something about someone that makes us drawn to them. Some sort of chemistry...

Yes, i agree completely with you on that.

I thought i was the only one that felt that way with a certain someone. Or people.

I think it happens rather once or twice or even three times in our lifetime.

Well for me, in 17 years of living. It's happened maybe twice.

Why DO are we......

I haven't had the heart racing etc..... often.

Maybe 4 times.

But it is interesting.

Why do are we.....

I've had the heart racing. I can promise you..

its a scary yet exhilarating feeling.. LOL!

+ the adrenaline rush....

Some trains of thought believe that everyone "resonates" at a certain energy level...obviously energy surrounds everything, and there is a belief that if your "energy" and another person's "energy" are resonating at the same level, then they will have an "attraction" to each other...kind of like how a magnet works...just a thought lol

Some trains of thought believe that everyone "resonates" at a certain energy level...obviously energy surrounds everything, and there is a belief that if your "energy" and another person's "energy" are resonating at the same level, then they will have an "attraction" to each other...kind of like how a magnet works...just a thought lol

You are going to have to re-explain this to me.

I was never great at science. LOL, i sound like such a loser but oh well.

So, magnets - opposites attract right- ?

Please explain this im sorry.

Its a damn good feeling, yet so terrible all at once.......

Ya for sure, it's always a 50/50 gamble, but one I don't mind taking. attraction is chemical, just pheremones. At least for the initial greeting, after that is of course, personality, looks and so on.

Well, a bunch of thoughts pop up on the last two posts...to Casperlady, there is definitely a "chemical" thing that happens when we feel those emotions, so, can we be addicted to those "first love" chemicals...lol, yah, I think so!

To Redsoles...just because I know different things than you know, or you know different things than I do, that does not make either of us better than the other...never apologize for asking questions, it's the best way to learn and grow!!!

Yes, opposites do attract, mostly because we see in others the strengths we are missing, and we are drawn to that...I have studied a gentleman named Dr Robert Rohm who teaches personality/relationship stuff, and a saying he likes is "Opposites attract, and then they attack!" Lol...he is referring to the fact that in the beginning of a relationship, people thing everything about their partner is "cute" ...after time goes by, they don't think so any longer lol...however the "energy" thing is a deeper science than I can properly explain...everything has an energy "signature" and if people have an energy signature that resonates well together, it can be the catalyst for those feelings...this is just one theory I've heard!

I remember it but why?

What causes it?

What ever it is, it's very much psychological.

I guess i just wish i had it more.

Honestly I wish I knew. Because I have seen plenty of attractive men.

But none of these people literally make me want to dig up a hole, crawl and die. well not die, but you get my point.

Your heart beats fast and so hard, it's hard to catch up with breathing.

I had to do deepbreaths for 5 whole minutes so I can return back to normal.

My knees shake, i feel lightheaded, i lose appetite. I get this high..

its exciting yet mysterious

Never have I been so attracted to anybody like that before.

It's an interesting experience but I don't know what exactly causes it.

I'm wondering if it's due to dwelling over someone because I remember.....every time I have had this experience I was dwelling over someone and i knew at sometime i will see them again but when.....

Then when i see the person I get the heart racing, sort of light headed anxious feeling.

Sort of a panic.

I think it's the true definition of a crush.

It's an interesting experience but I don't know what exactly causes it.

I'm wondering if it's due to dwelling over someone because I remember.....every time I have had this experience I was dwelling over someone and i knew at sometime i will see them again but when.....

Then when i see the person I get the heart racing, sort of light headed anxious feeling.

Sort of a panic.

I think it's the true definition of a crush.

Maybe it is a crush.

If you haven't seen this person before? Then yes.

An unexplainable pull towards them.. i'm not sure if THATS a crush. But it is something.

Yeah I agree it is something.....

I have seen this person before, I fixed her laptop for her, I found her bubbly and attractive.

Didn't talk to her after wards, yet I would talk about her.

Then next time i saw her i had that feeling but the times after wards I did not.

Yeah I agree it is something.....

I have seen this person before, I fixed her laptop for her, I found her bubbly and attractive.

Didn't talk to her after wards, yet I would talk about her.

Then next time i saw her i had that feeling but the times after wards I did not.

I always get that feeling when he's around.

But i am used to it so it is disappearing.

Instead of being crippled LOL, i am now encouraged to talk to this person.

Real attraction is something on the subconscience level, you could be in front of 5 people all very physically attractive but you will zero in on one in particular for certain reasons. We are attracted to character traits we sense on the subcoscience level. As soon as we are born and experiance relationships we decide what we like, dislike and feel is important, when we choose a partner they will have traits we like and dislike from everyone we respected and were influanced by. Parents, teachers, adult relatives, coaches, babysitters, ect. If you take notice you will find this in your own relationships, even bad ones. Ever notice how abused people always find abusive partners? They sense that the minute they meet them, and WHAM! attraction!

Interesting...

Once I was around 18 or so, and there was this girl that I always used to see at our religious meetings, and never felt anything for her and found her to look okay, but nothing extremely special. One day though, she walked by me and I looked at her walk, her body, and I literally felt like I lost my breath, and that my heart skipped a beat. But that is all there was to it, it was that one event, we were okay friends with everyone else, and I never had any crush or deeper feelings for her, and she neither for me. It was just that one time thing, which was really quite odd....

Archived