Do I have a reason to feel the way I feel?

If one of your friends consistantly forgets to invite you to social outings don't I have the reason to feel like they are ashamed of me and don't want to be seen with me. That's the feeling I have she has just kept saying I forgot to call your phone or i forgot your room number I was going to. And after 3 times she said that this year I just asked her is she ashamed of me and do you hate me as a person. I mean I askeed her last week if she wanted to go out and she never even responded which kinda led me to this point. So do I have the right to question weather she likes me as a person or not

What was it she said to you when you confronted her with your feelings and concerns?

I think Alpha has a solid point about whether or not this person serves you well as a friend, at all. If she makes you so often feel badly, perhaps you should relegate her to acquaintanceship, only, and seek out more positive, affirming and responsive, reciprocating friends.

Do not settle for shoddy treatment in any relationship, including friendships. I am sorry she has hurt you and disappointed you. That must feel very frustrating and unnerving to your own self-confidence.

Best of luck to you.

Archived