Ive noticed alot of problems with realationships are from low self esteem.

I'm new to this site, and have got alot of good info for myself, but I'm curious about how to better myself in the self esteem category. I'm not bad looking and my friends say I look cute, but I always seem to point out a particular parts of myself and discriminate against it. Usually it's I'm to skinny or my feet look to big or my body doesn't look right. So I'm wondering how others deal with this. Being if you have this problem or not its good to see 2 sides of a story. Now you might just be thinking man he is such a girl, but I think about the way my body looks even if I am alright looking. This affects my personal life as well as my romantic life (still a virgin) . I work out to make myself look better and I eat healthy but I always seem to go back to feeling sorry for myself and the way I look. Is this just a complex that will go away? I would like to know how someone else has delt with this, and how they bettered themselves to better self esteem.

First off, HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Secondly, your friends shouldn't be pressuring you into something you aren't ready for. What kind of friends are those? I think you wanting to save your virginity till you find the right girl will make that woman very happy for the simple fact your saving the best of yourself for her. Theres no greater proclomation of love at least in my book. I was 18 when i lost mine and i felt the same way you did for a long time. All my friends had lost theirs and i felt like the ugly duckling or something left out. But my bf now is very special to me and i'm glad i waited to share it with him and not just for the heck of it or because everyone else was doing it. Thats were you should start with your self esteem. Knowing that you are a better person because a woman WILL respect you more for waiting and you should also have great respect for yourself. Being alone scares everyone i think, cept most won't admit it. You're still young believe it or not, and there is plenty of time for you to find the right person. Just relax a little bit and work on you and not everyone elses ideas for you and i garentee you will feel a whole lot better and more confident. Good Luck!