How long did it take...

Almost 4 months deep, still dealing with it...

Doesn't hurt as much but there still a lot of pain for me...

Almost 4 months for me as well. But as time goes by I realize that while there are some feelings coming from directly missing him, it is more the loneliness and having all the fun activities we did together that I am missing more. One day there will be a new man to make me laugh and to enjoy time with but for right now, I miss the feeling of looking forward to Friday nights so that I could spend time with a SO, the looking forward to planning a vacation, the feelings of complicity that come with having a partner in crime so to speak. Knowing that there is no one to come home to at the end of the day to share the little things with or to simply lighten the load of everyday worries. Having to deal with the feelings of loss and loneliness and not knowing how long it will be before having all the above-mentioned things are the hardest part of the healing.

i'm really ashamed to admit as horrible as my ex was to me it took me a very long time to accept that it was over and i could not heal or move on until that aha! moment came. thinking back, i wasted a lot of time and hope that if i experience heartbreak again i will not mourn for such a long time

now that the fog has lifted i can't believe i sat around hoping that guy would let me back in, and allowing him to effect my self worth the way he did.

that's why i try to get people to 'see' that it is best to accept this very soon after the breakup and get started with the healing process. if they come back, so be it. time is going to pass anyway...you may as well spend it bettering yourself, instead of looking back over time (sometimes years) wasted hurting over someone who just didn't belong in your life anymore.

Having to deal with the feelings of loss and loneliness and not knowing how long it will be before having all the above-mentioned things are the hardest part of the healing.

This is such a true reflection of where my head has been lately.

So it looks like I'm on track with the norm but the long road of pain lies straight ahead as far as the eye can see! I just hope I dont start convincing myself that there is false hope on the journey. I seem expert at seeing possibilites that just aren't there!

Thanks for responses guys!

In my experience, it differed on my age/experience/maturity, the type of relationship, and especially, the way it ended.

The shortest is 3 months, the longest was 8 months. Usually the realization comes when you discover either you don't want them back, they are with someone else, or you are with someone else.

watchingstorms, i realize your not quite there yet but let me tell you it feels like alot of weight off your shoulders when you do eventually move on. its a fantastic feeling, and im not joking! what helped me was stricted NC, and dating other people. it really does work. i myself thought i would never feel like this or get to this stage, but all of a sudden i just clicked! anyway i hope you get through this soon

Archived