A text message, what do I do?

amandathepanda

Here is the thread I posted previously today:

I was doing really well...then I got a text from him just now saying

"night night. I feel really sad and lost for words"

What do I do? He is not going to change, yet that co-dependant part of me kicks in, feels bad and doubtful and that maybe it was OK after all...yet I know it wasn't. Do I reply?

We work together too, although not in the same office, I am likely to get similar messages at work tomorrow... help!!

I am trying not to guys...these text messages remind me of how he could be occasionally, and also of the him I desperately wanted him to be....but he only feels that sadness because he couldnt do the right things when he had me.

That pattern has ocurred over and over - having me, losing me through his own actions, feeling the pain until I go back and then neglecting to do the right things. Well I have to break the cycle, and he has to feel the pain until he puts things right for himself...

I won't go back, Im just not sure how to deal with the contact from him...

"night night. I feel really sad and lost for words"

That's all part of his game...he manipulates and lies..he is an actor playing a part. He always says the right words but does the wrong actions. People like him know how to play kind-hearted, compassionate people..they know how to say the right "tug at your heartstrings" words to elicit sympathy. It is not done with sincerity...it is all part of the game to get you back in your place worshipping him. That is what he is missing, the hero worship. Keep reminding yourself of how much he lied, betrayed, and played you and this other woman and how he doesn't have an ounce of true understanding and remorse for what he did.

Archived