Naming the Nameless One...

HellFrost666

absinthe- What book is that name from? Just curious

I don't know about characters named Absinthe... But Absinthe the drink is mentioned in Interview With The Vampire, and Bram Stoker's Dracula. I think Edgar Alan Poe wrote about it too.

I am sure there are tons of other references. It was pretty popular back in the 1800s.

Whoops sorry for the confusion...I was asking the person named absinthe where the character they mentioned was from

Ahh, now I feel stupid. I missed Absinthe's post completely.

Another literary cat name is Thomasina.

Lol... My roommate would be either really amused or ticked off if that's what we named her. His name is Tom.

Magwai? Mogwai? That's an awesome band... and I like the name

I didn't even know that was the name of a band.

The person who suggested that said she looked like a Mogwai but not to name her Gizmo because that's such a common name. (Which regardless of how common a name it is I wouldn't name her Gizmo anyway. It doesn't suit her.)

Well I think we finally came up with a fitting name for her. I am almost afraid to post this because I don't want to jinx it. We named her Saga.

We thought she was tough enough to deserve a Viking name.

And Saga is the word for story... How she came to the shelter and then here to live with us is an interesting story. And also she is really vocal. It's like she's always trying to tell us something. So we figured it was well suited for her.

Archived