Will things never change?

love-instead

This guy has been my good friend for about two years now. We can't hang out that often because we go to different schools, but I call him about twice a week and we can talk on the phone for hours. And when we do hang out, the chemistry is incredible. It's non-stop laughs and conversation, we always have a ton of fun, and I love being with him.

But he doesn't seem to be pulling his end of the bargain...

- he doesn't call me

- he doesn't call back when he says he will

- when we're making plans, most of the time he'll cancel about three times before anything ever happens

I assume he still wants to be my friend, otherwise things wouldn't be so amazing when we hang out or talk on the phone. But why doesn't he call? Why does he always cancel on me? Will things never change?

I wouldn't push for a relationship just yet. If he wanted one, he would be making more of an effort. But then again, maybe you've been too available and he's taking you for granted. I suggest you back off just a little. See if he starts pursuing. That will be a good indication if he's interested or not.

Tell him that you want to be more than friends, guys need direct communication sometimes. Think about it, you have nothing to lose and everything to gain.

Sorry if my thread was misleading, but I'm not pushing for a romantic relationship. Not saying I wouldn't love one, but I'm more concerned right now about our friendship, and how longs its going to last if I'm the only one taking any initiative.

I suggest you back off just a little. See if he starts pursuing.

For a month and a half I didn't call him, text him, or hang out with him for this very reason. I thought maybe he'd start giving more in our friendship. But he didn't even call...

Archived