Valentine's Day ideas that won't break the bank

Car Chick

My bf and I are pretty much dirty poor right now but this is our first Valentine's day together and my first ever with a bf. I really want to make this a special day, but we have no money to go out to a fancy resturaunt or whatever, so I was wondering if anyone has some good ideas about romantic things we can do together?

Also, I want something with the intamacy of being alone, but without actually being alone since we have a rule about that. It's just way too tempting.

So, my ideas I had were, picnic in the park, dancing on the square (they have a band and things for free in a city near us), and watching the sunset on the peir. I'm not a guy so I don't know if these ideas sound like something a guy would like or not. What do you think?

Also, we are both in AA and they are having an AA Valentine's Day get together. Does that sound like a good idea? I've never been to one. Anyone here been to one or know someone who has? What do they do? Are they fun for couples?

Picnic, dancing and sunset sounds like a good idea. My boyfriend's like a woman when it comes to sunsets and things haha. You can do some nice food and take them on a picnic without it being too expensive. My boyfriend's working nights over the weekend so we won't get to have dinner or anything on Valentine's day. We're going for dinner Thursday instead but Valentine's day I'm going to let myself into his house before he comes home from work, set the table for breakfast, make him something nice, get some nice juice and decaf coffee and leave a card and things on the table. I always think a card with a nice note written in it is better than any present.

The picnic idea sounds nice. See if you can't find a bluff, that overlooks the ocean from uphigh. This way not only can you have a picnic, you can watch the sunset while eating, then light some candles after the sun goes down. Just be careful about finding a safe place to go, especially if you live in a big city.

As for food, bring finger foods that don't require refrigeration, ones where you can feed each other, while sitting close together. If you want to avoid anything too intimate, stay away from oysters!

As for food, bring finger foods that don't require refrigeration, ones where you can feed each other, while sitting close together. If you want to avoid anything too intimate, stay away from oysters!

lol, pro-tip! I like imagining the scenario from which one gains such wisdom.

Where you at, OP? Locale makes a big difference in this kind of stuff.

The picnic idea sounds nice. See if you can't find a bluff, that overlooks the ocean from uphigh. This way not only can you have a picnic, you can watch the sunset while eating, then light some candles after the sun goes down. Just be careful about finding a safe place to go, especially if you live in a big city.

Sounds good, strawberries could be fun to feed each other (except I don't know how long they can be out of the fridge). Just out of curiosity though, why are oysters intimate?

Archived