do i ask her to be my girlfriend

sorry if this seems dumb but im still pretty new to the dating game. Ive been going out with this one girl for the past three weeks and I really like her a lot and I think the feeling is mutual. What I wanna know is should I ask her to be my girlfriend officially and how would I go about saying/asking it. I guess with me right now its a combination of confusion/inexperience and fear of rejection. But basically I just wanna know if I should just say something along the lines of "Will you be my girlfriend?" thanks for the help

Well FDKasj I've never had a gf but this is just my opinion take it or leave it but this is how I think you should do it:

1st. Off I would wait a just a little while longer 3 weeks is still kinda new..I don't know if other posters will agree with me on that or not..

2nd. Get her alone somewhere where u two won't be bothered like go to a movie and then find a park nearby and walk around there and look for a bench and then just tell her how much you like her and care about her and would like her to be your gf..

Other posters may be able to help u some but hopefully I did.

Phil

your question kindof confused me...i think there is a terminology issue here. when u "ask somebody out" and they say yes, around where i live, then they are your "girlfriend", but as i know, everyone has different words for everything especially on a forum like this. anyone wanna agree/disagree i think this will clear up his question too...