Business partner is witholding what is mine!

blackgnat

Have posted about this guy before-we were selling artefacts online and I have done the selling and written content-all without pay. The money I made from sales ($1250) has gone back into the business.

He has not launched the site yet (it was supposed to be done by last JULY!!! Keeps on diverting his attentions elsewhere)

At Xmas, I gave his sister $250 to buy more stuff from their home country (not the USA). He said that these goods were mine and I should do what I wanted with them, but he hoped I'd sell them online. I said fine, all for the good of the site and also to show good faith in the business.

Two nights ago we had a huge fight and I had a bit of a temper tantrum and said we were done -I am also personally invested in this guy, so there was an emotional component to it..now he agrees and will not give me the artefacts back. Says they are a part of the site, I cannot sell them and he'll give me the money I paid, but NOT the goods...

What are my rights here? He stands to make a profit and I own those things!

Do I cut my losses? I am very sad that my temper has spoiled it all, but I'm also frustrated with his lack of progress.

Help!

Archived