Navy Seabee or USMC Combat Engineer

Harper314

I am a student and cadet at a military academy. This is my freshman year here and well so far so good. But I have been thinking on the future and what to do with it. Now for the most part I'm pretty Hooyah about the Navy but the USMC has its appeal to for the tough training that they offer. The field of interest for me is building construction, engineering (civil), or architecture. Within both jobs are areas in which I could train in to use after the military. I would like anyone who has any knowledge or opinion about where I should go and what I could do to utilize my potential and support a family in the best possible way. Any and all comments welcomed

When I was a cadet, part of the training at Fort Lewis involved Branch Orientation to help give you an idea of what you want to branch. Personally that didn't help me figure out much. I'm sure your school will bring in some Officers with a few years experience in different areas & they can tell you about what they have done in each. You could also research where you might end up depending on the area you go into. I don't know much about the Navy or the Marines. But I would assume with any of those you will end up repairing bridges & roads or building things in Afghanistan.

Archived