Talking to a shy girl

Grap_drink

She's not entirely shy, but she is shy of how she feels about me. I've talked to her for about a month and half now and I just found out from a close friend of hers she does like me problem is considering her previous relationship two years ago it was a bad one, she has a tough time showing how she feels now. He told me how when she's attempting to be with guys they give up on her because she never expresses herself and it tends to make them see her as a friend. This leads to me and I don't want to give up on her, she has shown a lot of interest in other ways such as swinging by just to talk to me, calling me, texting me, and at a pot luck the sweetest thing was she gave me a little carton of my favorite ice cream, but I can't tell her how I feel about her or she'll feel uncomfortable. I already knew I will have to take this slow in order to prove I'm that one she's been looking for, but I worry whether or not she'll show how she feels about me and it tends to be hard not to say or do anything to express my feelings. My question is what do I do in this situation to help coax her out of that shell she's in?

I see now, it's just that she knows I like her considering I told her and it made her feel awkward and uncomfortable at that moment, but since then she has made it apparent that she wants to be closer to me. Also as for something from me to her I hadn't told her anything I would normally say to someone I care about since she would feel differently about it and I don't want to her to assume I have no interest by not doing so. So I also need other ways of letting her know I care without crossing her boundaries or being too personal.

If she's already done all these things for you, and goes out of her way to see you, believe me, she's trying, in her own way, to share her feelings. Maybe she doesn't have the way to express her feelings the way you or I would, but she's taking small steps. Be patient, never be cross, and never try to hurry her. Trust me, she's working up to telling you how she feels.

• 3 weeks later...

Wow I'm in a predicament here. It's been two weeks since me and her last seen each other outside of school and I'm starting to miss her, there is a reason because of her being busy and our break isn't until the week after next; however, I'm also concerned whether or not she would begin to think she's too busy for me or someone else could try to talk to her who is around her more. We text occasionally and she hinted a few days ago she wants me around when it was raining, I sorta wished she would tell me directly, but it's nice to know she missed me or wanted me there I couldn't tell to be honest, it was really an obvious hint she left but without a clear thought of what she was really thinking. But since I don't really understand too much what goes on her mind and she doesn't talk or express about her feelings clearly to me, what do you think about this... Do you think she misses me at this point or is even thinking about me maybe... Because it's really hard to tell with her.

Archived