Hello all! Thank you for taking the time to read this. Any insight would help, since I am slowly losing my mind over this.

About 8 months ago I met someone during an out of town trip. I live in WA and he lives in CA. We had an intense connection from the moment we met, a feeling to which he can a test to as well. I spent the rest of my trip with him and was saddened to return home without knowing if I'd ever see him again.

We continued to keep in contact with each other by texting almost daily. There was a period of 3 months that I did not text him at all. Believing that our relationship with each other was false, but after all that time he started texting me again. And we have been in communication ever since...

A friend has recently read some of our conversations, and thinks that we are a modern day Romeo and Juliet. He constantly praises me, jokes with me, and will sit at home on a friday night just to text me while I'm at work. Recently, we had a serious heart to heart in which he told me that he thought I was his soulmate. I feel the same. However, he also recently admitted to being afraid to see me for fear of never wanting to let go, and also disappointing me after such a long build up. Honestly, I don't care if he is the elephant man at this point because my love for him in beyond physical

I have offered to fly down to see him, but I think he is shy and very private. He has expressed a willingness to fly up to see me. But after several conversations on the mater, he still isn't here. At this point, I'm worried that he is too scared to do it or playing me somehow, but the later is a bit improbable.

What can I say or do to make him bit the bullet and just see me?

Am I doomed to be in this texting relationship forever?

Have any of you been in a similar situation?

I have never had a long-distance thing or kept in contact with someone through texting so much.

What to do, what to do...?

He does seem to be holding back for a reason, maybe he is afraid he doesn't measure up to you, or thinks he's not good enough in some other way. Either way, i think it's time to lose the texts and at least upgrade to the calls. And ask him flat out why he doesn't want to see you.

I'd tell him how you feel, and that you'd like to see him again, and if he doesn't want to make it happen, it's time to maybe let him go and move on with your life locally.

Life's a long song, but it's still too short to waste with your fingers on the texting keys.

Tell him to step it up, or step to the side.

Archived