Screwed up. Is this recoverable?

gp913

So, my ex and I are dating... just dating, nothing more... she's confused, wants to try being independent, and even mentioned possibly wanting to try dating someone else also (but didn't sound so sure)... Contact isn't as much in the past 2 weeks and we haven't seen each other as much because she is extremely busy with school (and probably wants us to have just a little space, but still date). She's been spending loads of time catching up on schoolwork (because she's been unable to focus, depressed, etc, from the breakup and trying to find a job)...

Our 4 year anniversary was in July, we broke up in August... I had bought tickets in July to see her favorite singer tonight out of town... she has been so excited to see him... only problem was, the concert was last night, not tonight. I feel like this is the biggest screw up that I've ever done. I called her immediately this morning and she sounded so sad, but said that it was okay and that it was an accident. I probably sounded more upset than her, just saying how I feel really really bad and how I was excited to go also. She had class last night, and I remember us talking so much about how she could make the event before because she didn't have class tonight... We were so sure it was tonight! Until I looked at the tickets again...

Might go get lunch today with her, instead, and then she'll do homework, instead... I'm not sure. I took the afternoon off from work and everything and had the plans in line, until a few hours ago.

Not even sure if I will be able to cook her dinner tomorrow night like I had planned (she suggested tomorrow night last week), because she might have a group meeting now (she has a big project due soon)... She said that she would try and see if they can meet another night (she cancelled on me last week because of the same reason, but then she felt sick).

It's been a week since I last saw her. She asked me to go see a movie with her. And we got dinner and ice cream, and somewhat discussed "us" for the first time since September.

We DO have a concert planned out of town on Friday night and then will stay there for the night. That is definitely still on, as of now...

If you were the ex, how would you feel about things? She's handled the breakup in such a mature way, but seems so confused on things. I believe that she will really forgive me (one day, atleast), but I don't want this to hurt my chances of reconciling...

I've been looking forward to this whole week since we had so much planned... She wouldn't have been able to make it last night anyways, since she had class... but she was so excited. I feel like I've royally screwed up with no way to ever make this up... I never do stuff like this...

Doesn't help that another one of her fave bands was the opening act... but I don't think she knew... I wanted to surprise her... I don't think I should tell her now (if she didn't already know, she may)...

Thanks for responding.

I think I'm good! I just felt horrible this morning, especially since she has been so excited...

She texted me and said that she didn't feel like doing lunch today afterall since she was already feeling crappy and maybe we could do it another time. Well, I had bought her some bright flowers to help brighten up her day (it's really rainy and depressing today) and to bring some CDs I burned her (she burned me some also)... So, I called her up. She sounded good... She agreed for just a minute... she said she just wanted to be alone today... then when I got there, she said since I'm over there, did I just want to go to lunch? Then we did and then I dropped her off so she could do homework. It went really well. She also made it known that she wants me to keep talking to her today through text, online, etc. I told her to contact me since I didn't want to interrupt her homework.

So, nevermind on this post. Looks like I'm good.

We're just dating somewhat, but no commitments... it's tough... but I'm still hoping things work out. They seem to be on and off at times.

Archived