Good progress

matador1972

I split 8 weeks ago from my ex of 17 years, the first 6 weeks were very hard, but over the last few weeks we have been spending more time with each other.

I let her go last week, it was hard to do, but i managed it, started dating, and rather than no contact, i have kept in contact with her, today we went out for lunch and i guess she can finally see that i have moved on, that im not pining for a reunion anymore.

Anyway, she said a few funny things, that if she met someone else she could only be with them if they were okay with her still seeing me, she said it would be a dealbreaker if they werent okay with it. I think we both realised no matter what we will always be best friends, but i feel now that i have let her go, that she is starting to want me back, not the old me, but the new me.

We have quite a lot of things organised over the next few months, ill take it easy, ive got a date tonight which im really looking forward to, the thing is, i dont want to lose her as a friend either, maybe we are both realising that what we needed was space and time and we are getting that now and realising we still want each other, hard one to know!

Anyway, im hopeful that we can keep things like this, as friends and take it from there, i think im quite happy either way.

good for you. i think if i went on a date anytime soon i would just start crying hysterically

Don't worry about how others cope, just do what's good for you and make yourself a number one priority.

To the OP... I hope it does work out well, although you do seem to have an overconfident tone about this....

I didnt mean for it to come accross that way, i have moved on myself, its quite a different shift when you actually move on, rather than tell yourself you have to move on.

Im open to getting back together but im also open to hitting it off with someone, one will obviously negate the other at some point.

Was out with my wife yesterday for a keep fit class, she was all touchy feely, gave me a kiss and a cuddle when i got there, flirted with me during the class, unfortunately i blew my cool at the end by telling her i still loved her, she responded with "i still love you too".

Women eh!

Archived