Just some advice please

Jaeiyola

My ex broke up with me 3 days ago, about 6 days till our anniversary. It was unexpected and he just told me he wasn't happy with me anymore. It just doesn't make sense to me that he said he loves me and yet wants to break up.

The first day was awful; couldn't sleep and I spent the whole day in angst.

I'm a little better now, went out with a friend today and spent some time with her.

But I caved and called him today. At first it was for technical stuff (paying him for a book I wanted), then I asked him how he was doing. He told me he was upset and missed me. Then we made arrangements to meet Friday to do the technical stuff.

I couldn't help but feel slightly happy that I'll see him again. But I don't know what to say. Should I just do what I came to do? Or have him stay because I want to talk to him? But I feel like if I did that, I know I would break down and tell him to come back to me.

At this moment, I'm constantly checking his facebook and trying to decipher his updates. I feel like blocking his facebook isn't a option because I keep wanting to see his face (even if its just a photo).

I also feel that he's making his best effort to forget about me. During that phone call, he sounded like he didn't want to talk to me at all.

I think Friday, I'm going to have a talk with him, just to tell him how I honestly felt about stuff. That way he will know where I'm coming from and that way I'll know that I tried my best and to not regret about not doing anything except sit around and mope all day. Hopefully that can be my closure and I can try to move on.

What do you think about this idea or is it too soon?

Archived