I've been doing 'no contact' to heal after a relationship ended. At first, it was absolute hell...and every day was really hard. Sometimes every hour was horrid! The first few weeks were the worst. As times goes on, it gets easier and easier...and I'm getting stronger and healthier.

I haven't heard a word from her...not an email, not a phone call, nothing! I know now that it really is over. When I get tempted to contact her, I journal, call a friend, go for a walk, do just about anything except contact her. Sometimes I still have moments when I really miss her, and I feel sad, but these moments pass. I've learned to resist the urge to reach out to the person who hurt me so much!

It really does get better people!

Do 'no contact' if you really want to let go! I think it speeds up the healing process quite a bit actually! And when you do 'no contact' you'll find out soon enough if your ex really cares or not!

I managed 3 weeks without contact. Then i had to tx her (i just wanted to hear from her). Luckily she responded. A week l8r and she txed me , which i didnt expect as she went bac to her ex, and seems happy with him (long story). Didn't think she would bother with me at all after a while. Its nice to know that she is still thinking of me. I know she still likes me. I unfortunately turned up in her life when her and her ex split just to cool off as they were getting very serious and planned to get bac together .

N e ways, i miss her loads, but im finding it easier nowadays as i hav gotten use to the fact she isn't there. I've excepted to an extent, i know that i can't do anything basically to get her bac, i just hav to wait and hope, but in the mean time im moving on. Who knows what the future holds.

I'm in my first week of no contact. I broke it off, it is still hard. I wont contact her because her last words to me were "i hate you".. dont know if thats out of passion, or pure hatred, but to be honest I'm scared to ever contact her again.. I hope she changes because of what happened when we are together or even tries to contact me in the future. I dont think it will happen but its nice to think that it would.

I know she still likes me. I unfortunately turned up in her life when her and her ex split just to cool off as they were getting very serious and planned to get bac together .

N e ways, i miss her loads, but im finding it easier nowadays as i hav gotten use to the fact she isn't there. I've excepted to an extent, i know that i can't do anything basically to get her bac, i just hav to wait and hope, but in the mean time im moving on. Who knows what the future holds.

yea timing is sometimes everything. my ex said to me he wishes he met me in like a year or 2 when his life is more settled down...ugh* anyway im sorry u feel such pain but it seems like youre doing okay, which is awesome!! much props to you. and you know what, she seems kinda uncertain w/ things, if she met you & dated u immediately after a breakup maybe shell relize shes better off startin over new w/ you then after a bad breakup w/ an ex....youre right no one knows what the future holds.

*thinks to self: now if I only knew how or what it took to make them get back together....* to "Getting Back Together" Forum

Johnny G,

I can say with near 100% certainty that she does not hate you, she did that as a way to hurt you and push you away. Granted I don't know the exact reasons for your breakup, but I do know people can not just turn their feelings off for someone.

In my Situation it sure seems like my wife has, but I am pretty sure that this has been nearly as hard on her as it has on me. The really crappy part is she is a great woman and I hope she realizes what a big mistake she is making before it is too late.

Be strong, and don't contact her. Its the best way.