How do I respond?

acfan

I have a post on here titled "I look older than I am...and it hurts". I am in the process of accepting things and working on the things I can change physically. My question is that people keep referring to me or saying that I am 10 plus years older than I am and I want to respond. I need to either defend myself or at least let them know they are hurting me. I have thought about saying things like "your not really good at telling how old someone is" or "personally, I thought you were (10 years older than they are)" or something like that. Of course, the old " * * * * you" would feel good, but most of these people are at work. So, please, be nice and let me receive your brilliance.

Sometimes the only response is just to ignore the comment however it hurts you inside.

If you do defend yourself, or explain it makes it look as if you're the one who has the problem.

What I don't understand is why are people at work commenting on your appearance, or age? It's rude and discrimination.

Sometimes the only response is just to ignore the comment however it hurts you inside.

If you do defend yourself, or explain it makes it look as if you're the one who has the problem.

What I don't understand is why are people at work commenting on your appearance, or age? It's rude and discrimination.

I don't understand this type of behaviour. Is it some form of insecurity (of the person doing the commenting)???????

I work night shift and we have time to talk about a lot of things and subjects come up. I am also single and it makes me afraid to post a picture online or tell women my age because of rude comments I have received in the past. Thanks for all the responses.

Archived