when is a kiss just a kiss

I went to talk to a good friend of mine about some problems I was having and I was stressed. Well he was massaging my shoulders, while we were talking and I looked up at him as he was saying to something and then he bent over and kissed me. Well, I wasn't that shocked because he kissed me a few months ago. Well we talked about what happened but didn't pursue anything. Over the past months we and even before we the first kiss, we just flirted with each other, it just came naturally for us. He is just that way and I feel so comfortable with him that it was easy for me as well. But we never get past flirting or anything like that. Since we both decided a kiss was just that and to my understanding it was not going to happen again, but a couple of days ago, boom, he kisses me. Maybe I don't have any reason to be confused but I am. He just seems off and on with his feelings with me or wanting to pursue a relationship with me. He does show his concern over me, but he is that way with his close friends. I just don't know what to make of his actions or lack there of, on different occasions. Any help is needed. Thanks!!

Have you tried talking to him about it and do you want a realtionship with him, say to him about that kiss the other day did it mean something to you if he says yes and you want a relationship then go for it if you dont want one tell him you dont feel the same way he says no then you have nothing to worry about