gonna go out by myself to see a concert..

okay its been 3monts, 1week and 4 days since my breakup.....i remember buying these tickets just 3 weeks after my breakup....i was gonna go with a bunch of people....my brother, his gf, and his gfs brother.....now all of them cant go...last week i asked this girl to go with me (we've had 2 good outings/dates) in all honestly i dont know what they were.....

well the thing is shes cancelled.....and ive texted all my friends who could go which are girls and their not free......now im thinking i should go to this myself which i probably will - the band playing is the script - they have good breakup songs....now im just scrared that im there by myself drinking and get really really depressed....or worse yet by some chance my ex will be there with her new bf (long shot i know but my luck seems to be turning for the worse).....also with this concert, it will be the first concert i go to without my ex.....she was the one that ive gone to my first concert with and all others...............i feel like iam meant to go by myself, maybe its god teaching me not care what people think...

im just scared i guess...........dont know what memories will be triggered or how alone i will feel...should i ask my guy mates....dunno...if their all not free then im really gonna go by myself which will suck but at the same time it feels like a test to go by myself......

I'm headed to a concert next weekend and may end up going by myself, so I know the feeling...I would ask your guy friends just in case one of them can go, since it probably will feel a bit better to have a friend there than to be all by yourself. BUT if you do end up by yourself, try to think of it as a good thing--if you're there by yourself you don't have to worry about whether your date is enjoying herself or not, you can do whatever you feel like doing and the music might be good therapy!

thanks guys....none of my mates can go but my brother decided to go with me and going to his party later...i think i was too emo when i asked just to drop me off to the place....and asked me who i was going with and the ans was "no one"....family always there for you.. right now im holding back tears.......

The Script is a great band, their songs hold a big significance when it comes to me and my ex, so I get where you're coming from. Their lyrics are very deep and mix that with drinking, and the fact that you can relate to all these songs, it could very well turn emotional. Good luck mate, and I'm really glad ur bro is going with you. I hope you have a good night and just have a good time.

its scary i totally understand that....but go in with a positive attitude. pump some of their tunes b4 u go, get really good lookin, and then go.

if u start to feel crappy, u can leave. the joy of being alone is beign able to do whatever u want...including leaving a concert if u are not having a good time.

good luck.

i really hope it works out well for you and u have a blast even tho u are by urself.

well i went and not with my brother but another friend and it was great!!! just had 2 rum and cokes and 2 beers and i was good for the night...just sang along to the main songs but the main song was breakeven by the script...great concert!!! the crowd was really into it

breakeven

I'm still alive but I'm barely breathing,

Just prayed to a god that I don't believe in,

'Coz I got time while she got freedom,

'Coz when a heart breaks no it don't break even.

Her best days will be some of my worst,

She finally met a man that's gonna put her first,

While I'm wide awake, she's no trouble sleeping,

'Coz when a heart breaks no it don't break even, even no.

What am I supposed to do when the best part of me was always you

What am I supposed to say when I'm all choked up and you're ok

I'm falling to pieces

I'm falling to pieces

They say bad things happen for a reason

But no wise words gonna stop the bleeding

'Coz she's moved on while I'm still grieving

And when a heart breaks no it don't break even, even no.

I'm falling to pieces, yeah

I'm falling to pieces, (One still in love while the other one's leaving)

I'm falling to pieces, ('Coz when a heart breaks no it don't break even)

You got his heart and my heart and none of the pain,

You took your suitcase, I took the blame.

Now I'm tryna make sense of what little remains, oh.

'Coz you left me with no love, with no love to my name.

I'm still alive but I'm barely breathing,

Just prayed to a god that I don't believe in,

'Coz I got time while she got freedom,

'Coz when a heart breaks no it don't break, no it don't break, no it don't break even no.

I'm falling to pieces, (One still in love while the other one's leaving)

I'm falling to pieces, ('Coz when a heart breaks no it don't break even)

Oh, it don't break even, no

I think the script are a bit rubbish but i do like some of the lyrics, I absolutley commend the fact that you were well prepared to go to the gig yourself though, im doing the whole 'dating myself' thing at the mo, it aint that bad!

thanks!!

the girl i was supposed to go with we've sorta went on dates but alot of inuendo...but last night i think for me was just another healing stage, im actually glad i didnt go with her cause the music just braught back feelings and memories of the ex and led me to have dreams about her last night...but overall im happy i went and yeah enjoyed the night with a mate.

enjoy the dating scene and happy for you.... i think i might do that after a few months if im healed or nothing pans out with this current girl

know the feeling, seems every time i purchase tix to a show the breakup happens and i am stuck with the tix hanging on the fridge and dont go. Now I have tix to a show on Fri the 2nd and there is no one ot go with me. my ex and I have had no contact for over a week but i left a message to day on the machine asking if we could at least manage the concert so i dont waste the 50 bucks.. of course no response.. i am afraid to go alone also , afraid i will feel worse than i do now.. oh well, another expensive lesson .. i WILL NEVER BUY CONCERT TIX AGAIN lol

know the feeling, seems every time i purchase tix to a show the breakup happens and i am stuck with the tix hanging on the fridge and dont go. Now I have tix to a show on Fri the 2nd and there is no one ot go with me. my ex and I have had no contact for over a week but i left a message to day on the machine asking if we could at least manage the concert so i dont waste the 50 bucks.. of course no response.. i am afraid to go alone also , afraid i will feel worse than i do now.. oh well, another expensive lesson .. i WILL NEVER BUY CONCERT TIX AGAIN lol

You should go with a friend...but for me I purposely baught the ticket to mark the 3 month mark with my breakup. I was gonna go with a lot of people but yeah they cancelled but yeah I another friend wanted to go so it was really good. But I had 3 months worth of healing to go to the concert and bear the brunt of the song lyrics. you might as well go with a friend if you don't wanna waste the money and it could be your first step of letting go or healing. But in the end it's all up to you and if your not ready then don't go.

Archived