Giving your New Ex a birthday present?

tattoobunnie

My guy and I, after 8 months of being exclusive broke up about two/three weeks ago because we weren't sure if we were ready to go to the next level, commitment (marriage/moving in). We both had some personal things to work out. He wants to stay best friends, though his actions are conflicting where he seems to keep me in his life, like odd excuses to see me, cute texts, random emails.

After some time of contemplation, a few days ago, I told him that my intentions were to get back together. We have plans next weekend to do something nice. His birthday is a few days after that. For the occasion, considering he spent a huge butt-load of money on mine, I want to get him a tie from his favorite store. Would getting him a present work in my favor, or is that a bad idea?

What was his reaction to you telling him your intentions were to get back together? If he was receptive, then there is hope and a gift seems ok. If he wasn't, then maybe a gift would be too much. Maybe a card?

My ex's b-day is next week and I am going to send an email that says "Happy Birthday" and that's about it. I got a lot to say to him but what's the point? Better to leave well enough alone, well in my case anyway.

Well, he was receptive in a way that he's reading this commitment book I gave him, He's Scared, She's Scared. I wanted him to take some time to think about the possibility of us trying again, and told him to not give me an answer yet. We'll be talking about when we see each other next weekend.

I was thinking a card too...but then I feel a bit bad, since for mine, he did gifts, lavish intimate dinner, flowers, and paid an entire hefty bar tab for my birthday party with friends.

Archived